The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Moved to International Study.

It really depends, no one can tell you (especially when given such little information). What is your academic record?
Reply 2
yeah I know it's too little, jus't didn't want to sound too crazy. As I said I got a BA in English Literature from a "respectable" Iranian university but not the kind of education I'm proud of. After four years I don't feel like I know much except maybe for the books I tried to read here and there. It's been my dream to pursue my education abroad especially in the UK and I'm trying to get as much info as I can get my hands on to know more about applying for top universities such as TCD. What else would you like to know?

P.S. sorry if it's too broad again.
What grades did you achieve in your degree?
Reply 4
First of all I feel its important to note TCD IS NOT IN THE UK. It's in Dublin, in Ireland (The Republic of Ireland). If its the UK you want to study in you need to look elsewhere.

If you want to study in TCD at postgraduate, you normally need a 2.1 degree or equivalent qualification. You should go to the website and look at the course you want and go from there
Reply 5
Gee, I can't believe I said that, sorry. I meant to say "the UK and Ireland". pooof.
The grading system here is a 0-20 scale so I don't really know the equivalents but my average score after completion of my degree is around 16.80 thanks to some stupid courses like "Islamic Thought" or "Analytic History of Early Islam". I got nothing against the religion but the courses did a great job screwing my grades up.
I can tell you my grades for courses that I think should be taken into account like "A Survey of English Literature I & II", "Drama I & II", "Literary Criticism I & II", ... and I'd appreciate it if you could tell me if I can meet the expectations or not. Is that what you need?

Thanks for helping me by the way...
Why don't you send an e-mail to the universities and ask the admission staff? Your question is very specific and none of us on TSR actually work on the admission team, so we can't really give you definate advice...
Reply 7

I see. I guess the main reason I searched for a website like this was to find some international students who might've had similar status and are now studying at such institutions.

So I suppose I'm gonna have to go with your advice, thanks. But do you think I should ask my question in another way to receive more information on this? Be cause at this point anything I can learn about this process is very valuable to me.

Thanks a lot
Try asking on the TCD forum on boards.ie too.

Latest