The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

*shudders" les than 3 hours to go!
ok guys i am prepared to do a last minute maths thing - i am quite good in maths - got A* in mocks and since i feel confident that i have revised it all - r there any areas u want help on?
meh, i'm looking forward to this actually! 2 hours of just me and a maths exam - bliss!
Reply 23
Yeah, I've got it in a couple of hours, non-calc that is. Difficult to revise for, isn't it? All you can do is go over past papers, which is annoying.
well r there certain sections like functions ur unsure of - or finding equations to perpendicular lines etc?
Reply 25
Perpendicular lines I have no trouble with. It's some of the stuff that requires long equations that my textbook says won't appear on the front of the sheet. Like finding the area of a segment >< Although thats more likely to be on the calc. methinks.
not necessarily at all - they cud say give in terms of pie so u dont need a calc

Area of a sector = Angle/360 * pie*radius^2
Length of arc = Angle/360 *2*pie*radius
Reply 27
Peteski
Perpendicular lines I have no trouble with. It's some of the stuff that requires long equations that my textbook says won't appear on the front of the sheet. Like finding the area of a segment >< Although thats more likely to be on the calc. methinks.

perpendicular lines are not that hard. Basically they can give you equation for some line lets say: y=2x + c
and then ask draw a perpendicular line
Basically when you times the gradient of a given line by a perpendicular line you will always get -1. So to find the gradient of perpendicular line you will have to : -1 divide by the gradient of the given line.This is how i inderstand.
I had loads of difficulties with sin and cos graphs.

Hope it helps.
yea well wot do u find hard bout sin and cos graphs - they r very similar to the other functions - also do we have to know functions for tan graphs?!
Reply 29
perpendicular lines are not that hard. Basically they can give you equation for some line lets say: y=2x + c
and then ask draw a perpendicular line
Basically when you times the gradient of a given line by a perpendicular line you will always get -1. So to find the gradient of perpendicular line you will have to : -1 divide by the gradient of the given line.This is how i inderstand.
I had loads of difficulties with sin and cos graphs.

Hope it helps.

ur like a maths genius (ALL HAIL)
im predicted a B wot bout u...
GiBB*
ur like a maths genius (ALL HAIL)
im predicted a B wot bout u...

A* but it really depends on wot topics come up - i find stuff easy wot other people find hard and vice versa
Reply 31

A* but it really depends on wot topics come up - i find stuff easy wot other people find hard and vice versa

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I cant find an oppropiate emotion rite now as to how im feeling but the eek will do.
lol y r u so eeked?

Latest