The Student Room Group

What Are YOU? - social stereotypes poll

Scroll to see replies

Surely being emo or goth is actually conformist? If you fit into a stereotype you are conformist.

I am non-conformist and an individualist, I don't fit into any of those.
Reply 21
Original post by Kreme
So conventional kind of guy.

Yeah but my music tastes aren't particularly general, neither is my personality.
Reply 22
Original post by Foo.mp3
Very drole :tongue:

+1 for dad humour plus bumping an ancient fred :h:

Thanks for the rep.
Where would casuals come in?
Original post by Stormy Seas
Surely being emo or goth is actually conformist? If you fit into a stereotype you are conformist.

I am non-conformist and an individualist, I don't fit into any of those.

I am almost this, but not quite. I don't even call myself individualist, in fact I don't even apply any labels but instead merely have sympathies or associations with certain ideologies and stances.
reasonably uncategorisable
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
reasonably uncategorisable

You just categorised yourself by saying you are uncategorised. Funny that.
Alternative
Original post by ModernScholar
You just categorised yourself by saying you are uncategorised. Funny that.

Yes I was aware. Life's a mess of contradictions.
Reply 29
Skaters & hip hop in different groups... OP doesn't know a lot of skaters.

I guess you'd put me in urban as I'm a massive fan of hip hop, but I wear basically clothes that my Mum & GF buy for me, so I don't exactly look like your average 'urban' male.
Original post by Foo.mp3
There's a considerable degree of overlap between 'townies' and chavs, aye, although I'm not sure they're quite synonymous(?)

I dunno, are they? When I hung around with skaters they would call chavs townies (chav didn't exist then I don't think).

If there's a difference I don't know what it is.
Reply 31
OMG OP IS ALIVE. Welcome to the revived thread op! (First time I've ever seen this happen).
Reply 32
Wtf? None of those, I guess I'm just casual.
Reply 33
I regularly get called a hipster because I listen to new wave, wear glasses and skinnies -_-
lol I'm actually going to leave this necro open, as it's a blast from the past. Can't believe people used to say Townie :rofl:
Reply 35
No one is anything.
It's funny looking at the amount of farts who are desperate to categorise/label themselves.
I'm an "individualist" - no you're not, since everyone wants to be "unique" no one is.
What on earth is a teddy boy?!
Reply 37
Original post by Carpe Vinum
What on earth is a teddy boy?!

1950s leather jackets, motorbikes, side burns and fighting with Beatles fans who rode scooters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Can't believe a thread from 2009 has been bumped...

Haha! I didn't even realise it was from 2009 until after I voted :lol:
Original post by Jebedee
1950s leather jackets, motorbikes, side burns and fighting with Beatles fans who rode scooters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're thinking of rockers, which was the 60s. Teddy boys wore Edwardian inspired clothes (hence 'Teddy'). Oversized blazers, drainpipe trousers, that sort of thing.

Quick Reply

Latest