The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
paul1989
I was all calm about stuff a few days ago but now the nerves are starting to kick in. Money, stuff i need to buy, will I like me flat mates, its all scary stuff and will be the longest I have been from home alone. :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

I haven't told my mom I'm moving out yet.

Beat that!
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
i think lots of people are getting nervous

remember you're all in the same boat (well most of you)
Reply 3
Anon the 7th
i think lots of people are getting nervous

remember you're all in the same boat (well most of you)

Yeah very true, just came on to me wen I was packing all my stuff lol
Reply 4
i think it hit me after seeing how much my mum has gone overboard. its seriously enough to last a few thousand years, bless!
Reply 5
paul1989
Yeah very true, just came on to me wen I was packing all my stuff lol

im nervous too, already done most of my packing and will be checking in on sunday I'm wondering what my flatmates will be like cos they have all moved in already. :O

Where will you be staying?
x
I'm ridiculously jealous of you people moving in this sunday! You get an extra week of self-reliance and getting to know people. Dont think theres much to be nervous about.
Reply 7
I went to MMU from September-December 2008 so I know how you feel but i'm still feeling nervous going back this year on a different course, don't worry about it and i know everyone says this but your all in the same boat and you'll relax after about 30 seconds of talking ;D
Reply 8
I'm the same, I'm so scared! Mainly about money, and whether or not I will actually make any friends!
I wasn't really that nervous last year until on the way there, seeing signs saying 'Manchester City Centre' 8 miles, 7 miles, 6 miles... :unsure:
Reply 10
haha yeah i was like that on the train just when i went to visit for first time in June. Thinking this is gonna be the place i will be living for the next 3 years
Reply 11
Im sort of glad that I already know a fair few people in manchester/going to the uni or met next year so im not that worried, I can't imagine going somewhere where I had no connections at all. Though it's probably not a good idea to go straight to them once I get there!

Latest

Trending

Trending