The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have rowancroft court if this is any use? its enhanced and I would happily swap with you
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Kipperoo
I have rowancroft court if this is any use? its enhanced and I would happily swap with you

Ha have you been stuck their as well lol? I'll be honest things haven't quite got how I hoped they would so far :eek3:
Reply 3
chrispy88
Ha have you been stuck their as well lol? I'll be honest things haven't quite got how I hoped they would so far :eek3:

yep... I'm reeeeally not happy right now :rolleyes: still... I'll get over it I suppose. Exeter are not doing themselves any favours as far as my oppinion of them goes though, put it that way :wink:
Reply 4
Kipperoo

Oh no! Isn't that on St Lukes?
Reply 5
Sam...
Oh no! Isn't that on St Lukes?

yep, I'm really gutted Sam, guess I won't be joining you at Lafrowda :frown:
Reply 6
Kipperoo
yep, I'm really gutted Sam, guess I won't be joining you at Lafrowda :frown:

Aww I'm sure you'll have a great time there anyway. The room looks bigger than Lafrowda in the pictures so it's not all bad :smile:
Reply 7
WTF? I just got stuck with Northernhay House which wasn't even on my list, its a standard room so I don't even get any more for my money but it has a way longer contract so it's way more expensive even though the extra weeks are useless to me? WTF am I meant to do, they leave it until 2 weeks before so I can't easily arrange other accommodation.
Reply 8
alexgmcm
WTF? I just got stuck with Northernhay House which wasn't even on my list, its a standard room so I don't even get any more for my money but it has a way longer contract so it's way more expensive even though the extra weeks are useless to me? WTF am I meant to do, they leave it until 2 weeks before so I can't easily arrange other accommodation.

it sucks doesn't it? I feel sorry for you, I really do. Where is that anyway? I guess we just have to look for the positive, theres no point calling them, I got a really snotty woman who told me there was nothing they could do. Ah well, chin up, we are into Exeter, thats all that matters!! :o:
Reply 9
Sam...
Aww I'm sure you'll have a great time there anyway. The room looks bigger than Lafrowda in the pictures so it's not all bad :smile:

Thanks Sam :smile: I just went for a long walk with my dog so I've calmed down a bit now, I'm coming to Exeter, thats all that matters!! :p:
Reply 10
Kipperoo
it sucks doesn't it? I feel sorry for you, I really do. Where is that anyway? I guess we just have to look for the positive, theres no point calling them, I got a really snotty woman who told me there was nothing they could do. Ah well, chin up, we are into Exeter, thats all that matters!! :o:

True, I suppose. UNITE accommodation has crappy internet though so I don't get to use the RESNET thingy :frown:
Reply 11
If it's any consolation, I have a bit of a soft spot for Northernhay House. True, it used to be the tax office, and from the outside it looks like it used to be the tax office, but it's so handy for town - everyone who lives there always says it's fantastic for shopping and nights out because you're basically already home as soon as you're done - and it's right next to a park which is nice for hanging out on sunny afternoons. Plus, I would say that what Unite calls a standard room is a bit better than what the uni calls a standard room - it's maybe more like what the uni would call an enhanced room (and the price is similar to that). And I've just always got good vibes from it, which I know makes no sense, but which is true. It's like it's a bit plain to look at but it's friendly and it has a good heart.

Sorry, that sounds a bit twee...
Reply 12
Persipan
If it's any consolation, I have a bit of a soft spot for Northernhay House. True, it used to be the tax office, and from the outside it looks like it used to be the tax office, but it's so handy for town - everyone who lives there always says it's fantastic for shopping and nights out because you're basically already home as soon as you're done - and it's right next to a park which is nice for hanging out on sunny afternoons. Plus, I would say that what Unite calls a standard room is a bit better than what the uni calls a standard room - it's maybe more like what the uni would call an enhanced room (and the price is similar to that). And I've just always got good vibes from it, which I know makes no sense, but which is true. It's like it's a bit plain to look at but it's friendly and it has a good heart.

Haha, thank you that makes me feel a bit better. The central location is pretty handy I suppose. What is it like being on a 44-week let though, is there much to do in Exeter after everyone has gone home? Is it easy to find work?
Reply 13
I reckon being in a position to be around when other people have gone could actually put you in a pretty strong position to find work...
Reply 14
Persipan

To back you up on that- I agree. Northernhay is pretty nice inside, not really 'standard' at all so dont worry about that. It is extremely handy for shopping- especailly when you have heavy food bags- carrying those back up to Laffy must be a bit of a drag, and of course for nights out. Dont worry too much. I was told2you'll have a fantastic time wherever you live" and as cliche as it is - it's true.
Reply 15
Ive been put in northernhay too :frown: I really wanted an ensuite so im really dissapointed. Is it very far from the campus?
Reply 16
Kirsty_E
Ive been put in northernhay too :frown: I really wanted an ensuite so im really dissapointed. Is it very far from the campus?

Nope, it's not far at all. It's in the city centre, maybe 20 minutes walk from campus (could be a fraction more or less depending on where exactly on campus you want to be). Quite honestly, if you lived on campus you'd be heading into town for one thing or another all the time anyway so it comes out even.
Reply 17
20 minutes? I'd say more like 10. 15 tops...
Angelil

Yep I agree. But of course it depends on what building you're headed for.

OP - don't swap Lafrowda. Standard is ok, and Lafrowda is brilliant. Just think of the money you'll save.
Reply 19
Angelil

Yeah, I tend to stroll along in my own little world - it's certainly possible to walk faster than I do!

Latest

Trending

Trending