Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have Wi-Fi on my mobile. Do I have to pay for internet using a wireless adapter?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    if i have a wireless adapter which i use for internet access for my laptop, would i need to pay to use it on my mobile, since it is wi-fi compatible?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, if your using the wi-fi capability on your phone then you won't get charged.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Some wifi hotspots do charge though
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Some wifi hotspots do charge though
    Yes but usually they redirect you to their homepage where you give your card details etc and then you can begin to use it.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    thanks.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Yes but usually they redirect you to their homepage where you give your card details etc and then you can begin to use it.
    :ditto:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:
    Why is the ditto guy so sad? :sad:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i have wifi on my phone, but cant connect my phone to my home wireless, i've connected to a few other wireless networks, no problem, but just not my home one, anyone know what i can change so i can connect, because im thinking it could be something to do with the settings on my home network
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaka-ayyyyy)
    i have wifi on my phone, but cant connect my phone to my home wireless, i've connected to a few other wireless networks, no problem, but just not my home one, anyone know what i can change so i can connect, because im thinking it could be something to do with the settings on my home network
    would you know if you have mac address filtering on your network?

btw I'm not sad
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    can you access youtube using wifi for free, because when i start up the youtube player on my phone it says that there may be charges. (on a W995). Thanks
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aqua123)
    can you access youtube using wifi for free, because when i start up the youtube player on my phone it says that there may be charges. (on a W995). Thanks
    Yes, I get that message when I try to connect via wifi....if you make sure that your phone connects through your router as opposed to 3G then you won't be charged....
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Why is the ditto guy so sad? :sad:
    Because he didnt say it first :yep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I get that message when I try to connect via wifi....if you make sure that your phone connects through your router as opposed to 3G then you won't be charged....
    thank you!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    would you know if you have mac address filtering on your network?

btw I'm not sad
    erm im not sure to be honest, how would i check,
    and just for the record, i can find the network on my phone, once i enter the seccurity key, it just says failed to connect, thanks in advance, and i rek you could be very happy

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: September 2, 2009
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.