The Student Room Group

~ The Official Reapplying Thread 2010 ~

So I was unsuccessful in getting a place in my firm and insurance. And am now reapplying for uni next year.
This thread is for anyone who wants to wallow in self-pity like me, lol.

What do you plan to do in your gap year?
Do you think you will have a good shot of getting an offer again?

Scroll to see replies

i have no idea what to do in my gap year and all my friends are off to uni so it's going to be very lonely indeed.
Reply 2
veggie4life
i have no idea what to do in my gap year and all my friends are off to uni so it's going to be very lonely indeed.

Yeah I feel exactly the same way. All my friends are going off to uni, except one person who has deferred. But atleast her place is guaranteed. We are going to have to go thru the whole stressfull process all over again.. :frown:
Plus Im studying at home so even more lonliness.... i have feeling I will become an addicted TSR user :p:
Reply 3
I'm reapplying for uni next year and am not going this year. Do I need to do anything to my ucas application? like cancel it or anything?
thank you :smile:
Reply 4
I don't believe so, just register for the 2010 cycle. Your 2009 app just becomes void.
Reply 5
do you register independently ? or thru the sixth form you graduate from?
would we need a referee if we were to register independently?
Bnm
do you register independently ? or thru the sixth form you graduate from?
would we need a referee if we were to register independently?

You would need a referee whether you are independent or not. If you're not associated with a school or exam centre any more then you'll probably have to apply independently, although you could talk to your school.
We promised that when the forum was quieter, we would have a thread for re-applicants, so this is it. This is for questions specifically related to reapplying and discussion for those who are reapplying in 2010.
Reply 8
I'm reapplying for 2010 intake. I'm actually quite glad i didn't get in this year as i have decided to apply for a different course for 2010. My application is all done and ready to go. For the next year i will be working full-time as i have children to support, no time to wallow in self pity, what will be will be.
Reply 9
I applied in 2009 for medicine and didn't get in, c'est la vie because I'm applying for Physics now, and my grades are quite strong.
Why didn;t I see this thread before

I' reapplying for pharmacy (again)
Reply 11
im reapplying.. european politics, cos i didnt get too many offers and my grades are better than expected.
Reply 12
veggie4life

lol this! :frown:

Re-applying for Law...jeez!
I'm reapplying. My grades let me down but I plan to fix them up by retaking a few modules in January.
Reply 14
I didn't get any offers last year for dentistry, but I got the grades I need (AAB), so I'm reapplying this year... :smile:
Reply 15
F1 fanatic
We promised that when the forum was quieter, we would have a thread for re-applicants, so this is it. This is for questions specifically related to reapplying and discussion for those who are reapplying in 2010.

Yay :biggrin:
--
I'm resiting some modules and doing an extra alevel. Im doing all of this from home, with no help from teachers. If I apply through a 6th form (like I did in 2009) will it seem like I actually studied at the 6th form during this new academic year? or should I mention in my PS that 'I am studying the A-level on my own, at home'.
jabed786
Yay :biggrin:
--
I'm resiting some modules and doing an extra alevel. Im doing all of this from home, with no help from teachers. If I apply through a 6th form (like I did in 2009) will it seem like I actually studied at the 6th form during this new academic year? or should I mention in my PS that 'I am studying the A-level on my own, at home'.

My god, good luck with your self study a level!

Tbh I'd get your referee to mention it in your reference. They have unlimited space (well maybe not unlimited but a hell of a lot more than we do) so don't waste valuble characters in your PS.

Good luck!
Reply 17
Hi guys!

I'm reapplying for English after getting 4 rejections last year, and am trying to find a full-time job (printing CVs as we speak).

I think I prove how useless getting AAA is these days. :jive:
Reply 18
Loz17
My god, good luck with your self study a level!

Tbh I'd get your referee to mention it in your reference. They have unlimited space (well maybe not unlimited but a hell of a lot more than we do) so don't waste valuble characters in your PS.

Good luck!

Thanks, I really hope I can pull it off and get an A in the subject. I need it.
Im going to ask the referee to mention it, but Im also going to to state it because i can say its has tested my motivation and discipline. Self-studying should show the uni that i have the ability to study on my own like we supposed to in uni.
jabed786
Thanks, I really hope I can pull it off and get an A in the subject. I need it.
Im going to ask the referee to mention it, but Im also going to to state it because i can say its has tested my motivation and discipline. Self-studying should show the uni that i have the ability to study on my own like we supposed to in uni.

Yea that is a good point. Go for it, no harm in it being mentioned twice :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending