The Student Room Group

What do I do now with only 120 UCAS points

I always planned to take a year off once I finished college before going to university. But I have messed up my BTEC National course and only got P/P/P.

The course I wanted to study requires 200 points. But it does state the bare minimum is 120. So I may be able to get in if I am lucky.

But if I can't get in, what do I do? Will I have to do a one year course or something to get in?
Foundation course is one of the few options. Other than retakes of course.
Reply 2
Get more points by doing another qualification?

Or trade your 120 in for a prize arcade style?
Reply 3
Bowlsey
I always planned to take a year off once I finished college before going to university. But I have messed up my BTEC National course and only got P/P/P.

The course I wanted to study requires 200 points. But it does state the bare minimum is 120. So I may be able to get in if I am lucky.

But if I can't get in, what do I do? Will I have to do a one year course or something to get in?

Im not sure about your particular course, but you could retake the exams in January and/or June to improve and reapply for next year. Or enrol onto a degree which has a foundation year. I suggest the first option as i hear this year the places were all really compeitive and were taken really quickly!
Reply 4
Jamil1987
Im not sure about your particular course, but you could retake the exams in January and/or June to improve and reapply for next year. Or enrol onto a degree which has a foundation year. I suggest the first option as i hear this year the places were all really compeitive and were taken really quickly!

I did BTEC National. I didn't do exams.
They should accept P/P/P so long as you work hard!
Reply 6
jamz0770
Get more points by doing another qualification?

Or trade your 120 in for a prize arcade style?

All you'd get is a moustache comb for 120.
Reply 7
Do an extra A level, critical thinking or sumthing
Reply 8
lrkn
All you'd get is a moustache comb for 120.

Ah, okay well glad to know that my 2 D's and A at AS Level are good for something.

Although with my other 2 I'd have 220 from AS, what does that get me?
Reply 9
Macdonalds are hiring
Reply 10
s.sarwar7
Macdonalds are hiring

But I don't want to do that forever now do I? :smile:
Original post by Bowlsey

Hi Bowley

Naz here to help! You will be eligible to do a 3 year Business course at Kaplan Holborn College in London. Visit the website or call the hotline on 020 3740 8689 for more information.

Good luck!
Thread locked - please don't bump old threads :smile:

Latest