The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

jen vet
Yeah it's so scary isn't it. I feel a tad calmer now I've finally sent my stupid thing off as I can't stress over my personal statement anymore. Although saying that I had a dream where this woman from glasgow uni turned up at my house and started asking for all this paperwork that I didn't have and said I'd be rejected if I didn't give it to them straight away lol. :p:

My friends all think I'm mental cos they're applying to english and art foundation and don't need their applicatopns in til next year. :rolleyes:

I know my friends all think I'm mad too.... they all just thought I was being a mega swat and trying to get it in months early tbh!

LOL I always have weird dreams like that too, usually around exams and such... If I get an interview I will definitely have some then :o:

I might do some work on my app tonight
In other news, I had a reference come today from the kennels I spent seven days at.

They said it was eight. My personal statement says seven. :erm:
Reply 1502
gernumblies
In other news, I had a reference come today from the kennels I spent seven days at.

At least it's not the other way round! Was it a good reference? :smile:

And random shoes: I have such bad dreams round exam time- I think it's more stupid amounts of caffeine and red bull rather than stress though
gernumblies

It'll be ok :smile: At least the kennels haven't said you did less than you said... the unis will probably just see it as a minor inaccuracy, if they notice at all. They'd be more concerned if you had said you did more than the reference :biggrin:
jen vet

And random shoes: I have such bad dreams round exam time- I think it's more stupid amounts of caffeine and red bull rather than stress though

I can't blame caffeine and sugar myself, I must just be mentally unstable :rolleyes:
Reply 1505
I really need to send mine off and stop worrying about the stupid personal statement and making minor changes, I know I'll feell better when I do. Clicking submit is hard though, it's my whole life ahead of me in that form!
oaktrees
Greer :p: I'll no doubt see you from a distance or meet you later on today. We were supposed to go and register with the students' health service but apparently it's a massive waste of time so couldn't be bothered! So we're just going down at 12 to register with the faculty.

I'm in Wills :woo:

ooh thats you! i heard someone mention you today! i think it was someone else from your halls
Reply 1507
PeridotEyes93
OH MY GOD i didnt know about this! do we HAVE to do this? because ive basically written everything in my PS. Im applying to Bristol, Glasgow, Nott and london gateway, does it apply to them too?! Oh dear... i shoulda researched it a bit more :s-smilie: OOOOOOOOOOOPS

Theres an additional application form thing for rvc gateway which you have to download from the rvc website. http://www.rvc.ac.uk/Undergraduate/Documents/VeterinaryGatewayApplicationForm2010.pdf
But the deadline for this isn't till 15th January.
I assume your personal statement is focused around vetmed because all of your choices are vetmed...I was the same...i asked them if i needed to write an additional statement because of this...and she said its mostly if you applied to other courses so your ps is not focused around vetmed so if your pleased with your ps you can just use it for this app too...which is what i did last year :smile:
Theres an additional application form thing for rvc gateway which you have to download from the rvc website. http://www.rvc.ac.uk/Undergraduate/D...onForm2010.pdf
But the deadline for this isn't till 15th January.
I assume your personal statement is focused around vetmed because all of your choices are vetmed...I was the same...i asked them if i needed to write an additional statement because of this...and she said its mostly if you applied to other courses so your ps is not focused around vetmed so if your pleased with your ps you can just use it for this app too...which is what i did last year

Okay, my PS is revolved around vetmed so do i need do make a seperate PS OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG im jus gna ring them. GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I really need to send mine off and stop worrying about the stupid personal statement and making minor changes, I know I'll feell better when I do. Clicking submit is hard though, it's my whole life ahead of me in that form!

Yeah but atleast you have freaking good grades!!! I nearly cried today when i had a review with my biology tutor ughhhhhhhhh i dont know what to do if i dont get in!!!!!!!!
Reply 1510
I've submitted my UCAS form but still more stress! Cambridge sent me the SAQ form (which I knew about before) and now I've got to get a 2nd reference (pref academic) ...my ucas one isn't even academic as all my tutors have moved away agggghhh and now I have hardly any time to get my other ref sorted. I also can't find 3 of my a level modules ums marks (which cambridge want) so am gonna have to pay £65 for OCR to dig them out of their archives....and I really should be preparing for the BMAT. :s-smilie:
UCAS welcome letter came today!

jen vet
At least it's not the other way round! Was it a good reference? :smile:
It was short but positive, which is alright. :smile:

Randomshoes
It'll be ok :smile: At least the kennels haven't said you did less than you said... the unis will probably just see it as a minor inaccuracy, if they notice at all. They'd be more concerned if you had said you did more than the reference :biggrin:
That's what I thought, but I might ring and ask very nicely for them to change it and print me a new one.
Reply 1512
How much bmat stuff has everyone done? I've done practically nothing... finding it really hard to prepare for it and I'm away the week before the exam. Got a feeling it's not going to go well for me :s-smilie:
jen vet
How much bmat stuff has everyone done? I've done practically nothing... finding it really hard to prepare for it and I'm away the week before the exam. Got a feeling it's not going to go well for me :s-smilie:

dw i haven't done anything either! I will start... eventually.... :s-smilie:
Its been limited BMAT revision. Very limited.
Im just freaking out that they'll change the fees up to £7000 or £10000 :O
I will literally be in so much debt. My job at the moment would take YEARS to cover it off!

Now I have a dilemma.... If...(a very BIG if) i get accepted to RVC, i have only put it down as it was between cambridge and rvc for my last choice (I want to do deffered) but I don't like the feel of the place and dont think I'd enjoy it there. Should I accept it because its so hard to get in anywhere these days. Or should I reject it and reapply to different unis in my gap year?
Reply 1515
PeridotEyes93
Yeah but atleast you have freaking good grades!!! I nearly cried today when i had a review with my biology tutor ughhhhhhhhh i dont know what to do if i dont get in!!!!!!!!

You could take a gap year? That's what I'm doing, I hadn't planned on one, but I guess it's nice to have a year off exams, etc (no BMAT for me!) where I can just get some work experience and go abroad.

-----

TimesChanging
Its been limited BMAT revision. Very limited.
Im just freaking out that they'll change the fees up to £7000 or £10000 :O
I will literally be in so much debt. My job at the moment would take YEARS to cover it off!

Now I have a dilemma.... If...(a very BIG if) i get accepted to RVC, i have only put it down as it was between cambridge and rvc for my last choice (I want to do deffered) but I don't like the feel of the place and dont think I'd enjoy it there. Should I accept it because its so hard to get in anywhere these days. Or should I reject it and reapply to different unis in my gap year?

I don't know if you're allowed to do this, but perhaps you could accept it, then apply again anyway with it as a backup if you're rejected.
(edited 13 years ago)
gernumblies

They'll think your being modest, a bonus.
But seriously if anything its a benefit not disadvantage. :yy:
AdamKr

I don't know if you're allowed to do this, but perhaps you could accept it, then apply again anyway with it as a backup if you're rejected.

Yes lets hope I can! :smile:
Hello, everyone nervouusss? :smile:
YYYESS! so nervous....

Latest

Trending

Trending