The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
love2learn
1)

:p: I've done every past paper :smile:

thanks !!! ALl of them -im hoping to be done by wed but even that's very optimistic!!
Reply 21
For some reason im really worried about this exam and the Accounting one. I just totally dont have a clue
Reply 22
PoseidonX
Ok here we go, Credit & Thanks goes to monkiwrensh and love2learn for additional formulae. If anything else needs to be added or changed please tell me and I will add or change accordingly etc:

That formatting took me ages!

Hope this helps!

People, can we check the accuracy of the ratios.

Gearing should be Loans/Equity not the other way round.
Reply 23
I been looking over the papers and the amount of ratios you guys are trying to learn is far to many... Look over some past papers, you will see what I mean. There is only 1 or 2 per paper >.>
Reply 24
How do you calculate NPV and ARR? I tried doing Bus 4 June 02 q2 to no avail. Any help appreciaated (AQA)
Poseidon somethingorother

Your ROCE is OK but if you write it as being over capital employed it's easier because it's the bottom figure on the balance sheet! and technically, it's operating profit not net profit, but they are kind of the same thing.

So ROCE =

operating profit x 100
capital employed
Aplin
I been looking over the papers and the amount of ratios you guys are trying to learn is far to many... Look over some past papers, you will see what I mean. There is only 1 or 2 per paper >.>

The problems is you don't know which ones!
ARR, NPV and Payback are dead certs though

Also if there is an investment appraisal question it may not call for ratios previously mentioned on this post but you need to do them to show that you've analysied data, as evidence etc. Esp. for those higher grades
BigDog04
How do you calculate NPV and ARR? I tried doing Bus 4 June 02 q2 to no avail. Any help appreciaated (AQA)

I'm working on it now, and will post formula later. Difficult to format!
:cool:
I don't know if I included it, but the payback result is 1 year, 8 months
Reply 30
How do you get from T0 to T1 is where i'm getting confused. If its -4.0m at T0 and T1 has a cash inflow of 4.5m then shouldn't be 0.5m or is there some other variable I have to add to 4.5 ?

Thanks In Advance
T0 is the year of purchase
The project then runs for 3 years: t1, t2, and t3

And I sent you a pm regarding your ROCE a few days ago
for that question you get the sales revenue, divide it by 2 so you just have contribution, and then subtract the fixed costs for that year
Reply 33
love2learn
T0 is the year of purchase
The project then runs for 3 years: t1, t2, and t3

And I sent you a pm regarding your ROCE a few days ago

I did sort out the ROCE.

I understand the project runs for t1, t2 & t3, but what I mean is how do you get from T0's Net Cash Flow to T1's Net Cash Flow if the Cash Inflow for T1 is 4.5 ?
cash inflow is not 4.5 - that's the sales revenue

You need the net cash inflow

sales revenue/ 2 (because contribution = 50%) 4.5 / 2 = 2.25
then you take off the fixed costs 2.25 - 0.25

= net cash inflow

You have to do the same calculation for each figure
operating profit x 100
capital employed

NOT

operating profit
capital employed x 100

!!
Reply 36
love2learn
cash inflow is not 4.5 - that's the sales revenue

You need the net cash inflow

sales revenue/ 2 (because contribution = 50%) 4.5 / 2 = 2.25
then you take off the fixed costs 2.25 - 0.25

= net cash inflow

You have to do the same calculation for each figure

Yep I get it now. I was being a goon and had just realised you posted while I was about to post. Anyhows thanks for clearing that up. :smile:
Reply 37
love2learn
operating profit x 100
capital employed

NOT

operating profit
capital employed x 100

!!

Actually its more like

(Operating Profit ÷ Capital Employed) x 100 :wink:
Yep you're right.

it can actually be done either way I guess:

My textbook says operating profit x 100 over capital employed
My revision book has what you just posted though
Reply 39
so what are the advantages of asset led marketing apart from its based on the busineses strenghts

Latest

Trending

Trending