The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

freshers pack (again)

I am posting this again as didn't get much of a response last time, and people are more likely to click on a new thread rather than an old one which has been bumped. Delete it if it's not ok to do this.

Ok so I received something in the post this morning which I can only assume is this damn fresher's pack I have been eagerly waiting for. Highly disappointed - all I got was a little booklet giving details for all the arranged nights out and an order form for tickets.
I will be in my own home whilst studying and I'm a single parent of 2 small, and naughty, little boys. So the nights out are of no interest to me really. It was nice to have a little look through and see what everyone will be getting up to, and to have the option there if I could take it. BUT, where is all the stuff about Matriculation and such? Start dates - where to go on our first day, what time etc?
Is anyone else living at home and received very little info?

Also, do the students at Queen's do 2 Matriculations? One in Durham City and one in Stockton?? I really shouldn't have to be asking on a public forum! I guess I will have to email them - AGAIN!!!

Thanks for any replies....
i think that was from the DUO, i think we get our term dates at around 15th of Sept. I cannot answer the 2nd half of the question, sorry.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
I think it depends on your college, i'm staying at home but Grey sent me loads of information about freshers week which included times and dates for all the important information as well as the students own welcome pack which had their veiw on freshers week and the uni but i haven't been sent anything else since! My friends brother goes to stockton campus and he definatley had the matriculation at durham cathedral i know mine is on the 7th October - you'll probably get more info on the 3rd when you register at your college sorry i can't be more help!
I think you might be speaking as a Stockton person, it's confusing because your location is set as Durham. :p: Chances are the info for Durham people is totally different, I don't have a pack about tickets yet.
Reply 4
Johnny Luk
i think that was from the DUO, i think we get our term dates at around 15th of Sept. I cannot answer the 2nd half of the question, sorry.

plee2nyc
I think it depends on your college, i'm staying at home but Grey sent me loads of information about freshers week which included times and dates for all the important information as well as the students own welcome pack which had their veiw on freshers week and the uni but i haven't been sent anything else since! My friends brother goes to stockton campus and he definatley had the matriculation at durham cathedral i know mine is on the 7th October - you'll probably get more info on the 3rd when you register at your college sorry i can't be more help!

Hey thanks you two, I appreciate it. :smile: :smile:

MyNameIsDave
I think you might be speaking as a Stockton person, it's confusing because your location is set as Durham. :p: Chances are the info for Durham people is totally different, I don't have a pack about tickets yet.

I live in Durham, and will be going to Durham University, in Stockton. haha it is confusing, I am indeed a 'Stockton Person.' :lol:
The Matriculation for Stockton people is the same for Durham people too, same day and my College (John Snow) will be going at the same time as some of the Durham Colleges... Just wish I had been sent this info, as obviously I need more info on it grrr. My sister had an extra one in Stockton but that was 4yrs ago so I'm not sure if it still applies. Anyway, thanks for the reply. :smile:
Reply 5
roz84
I am posting this again as didn't get much of a response last time, and people are more likely to click on a new thread rather than an old one which has been bumped. Delete it if it's not ok to do this.

Ok so I received something in the post this morning which I can only assume is this damn fresher's pack I have been eagerly waiting for. Highly disappointed - all I got was a little booklet giving details for all the arranged nights out and an order form for tickets.
I will be in my own home whilst studying and I'm a single parent of 2 small, and naughty, little boys. So the nights out are of no interest to me really. It was nice to have a little look through and see what everyone will be getting up to, and to have the option there if I could take it. BUT, where is all the stuff about Matriculation and such? Start dates - where to go on our first day, what time etc?
Is anyone else living at home and received very little info?

Also, do the students at Queen's do 2 Matriculations? One in Durham City and one in Stockton?? I really shouldn't have to be asking on a public forum! I guess I will have to email them - AGAIN!!!

Thanks for any replies....

If you're studying on an undergraduate degree programme, matriculation will take place in the cathedral in Durham on the morning of Wednesday the 7th October. There's only one ceremony, whichever part of the University people are studying in. Academic commitments start the following day. You mention e-mailing somebody - have you e-mailed your College? In my experience, they're very good at responding to queries and they will be organising the induction programme. In case you haven't already, it might be worth e-mailing [email protected] or [email protected], depending on which one you're in - good luck.

Cheers,
Steve.
Reply 6
http://www.dur.ac.uk/ceremonies/matriculation/

Apparently we'll all be at Durham on the 7th. I haven't heard about a second matriculation at Stockton.
Reply 7
You will definitely matriculate in Durham.

Latest