The Student Room Group

Computing or Law??

Hi,
well basically i got BCCD (biology, psychology, computer science and law [that order]) and im going college for enrollment tomorrow but i dunno what subject to drop from law and computer science.(im gonna have to do jan retakes on either one anyway)
I really like law even though i got a D in it and i actually hated computer science i found it reeeeally difficult and in the modules i got C and D

iv spoken to alot of people about this and some people say do law because u enjoy it, and others say do computer science because its worth more
and im really confused i dnt wanna end up regretting my decision..
any advice?
thanks
Reply 1
Does your decision not depend on what you'd like to do after college? Although you don't want to regret your decision, that's true. People can often improve their grades at A2, though, through resits and good revision if that's worrying you.
Reply 2
well i want to do forensic science at the moment, but my decisions already changing so im not too sure yet but either way i hate computing but that seems like the option i should choose, but i really enjoy law and dont want to drop it =(
Reply 3
well, don't feel like you have to do anything! If you really enjoy law then why drop it? is the question you have to ask. Check the grades for universities you might like to go to, though. Have you considered taking four? That may be too much work of couse. It's a difficult decision though I know how you feel. Have you discussed with your parents?
Reply 4
x-pri-x
Hi,
well basically i got BCCD (biology, psychology, computer science and law [that order]) and im going college for enrollment tomorrow but i dunno what subject to drop from law and computer science.(im gonna have to do jan retakes on either one anyway)
I really like law even though i got a D in it and i actually hated computer science i found it reeeeally difficult and in the modules i got C and D

iv spoken to alot of people about this and some people say do law because u enjoy it, and others say do computer science because its worth more
and im really confused i dnt wanna end up regretting my decision..
any advice?
thanks

I did Law and loved the subject!
However a friend of mine did Computing and found it difficult. However people find things different compared to other people. I would go for the subject you enjoy the most as chances are you will be more motivated in that subject and is more likely to do well. If you do January retakes and work hard for it then I don't see why you can't get a C or above. A2 Law is a bit harder than AS but I still enjoyed it a lot. If you decide to do January retakes then I would pratice answering questions and doing past papers to boost up your confidence. Don't leave revision to the last minute and always use a revision method which works for you i.e note taking, diagrams, flow charts.
You could also talk to a tutor or maybe your parents and see what they think.
Good luck :smile:

P.S I did know a girl who did A Level Law and went onto doing a Forensic Science degree!
Reply 5
escondido
well, don't feel like you have to do anything! If you really enjoy law then why drop it? is the question you have to ask. Check the grades for universities you might like to go to, though. Have you considered taking four? That may be too much work of couse. It's a difficult decision though I know how you feel. Have you discussed with your parents?

thanks, i cant take four tho my college dont allow it but i did consider that i would do it if my college allowed, and yup iv spoken to my dad about it he reckons i should stick with computing cause everything nowadays is computerised etc
PunkyFish-x
I did Law and loved the subject!
However a friend of mine did Computing and found it difficult. However people find things different compared to other people. I would go for the subject you enjoy the most as chances are you will be more motivated in that subject and is more likely to do well. If you do January retakes and work hard for it then I don't see why you can't get a C or above. A2 Law is a bit harder than AS but I still enjoyed it a lot. If you decide to do January retakes then I would pratice answering questions and doing past papers to boost up your confidence. Don't leave revision to the last minute and always use a revision method which works for you i.e note taking, diagrams, flow charts.
You could also talk to a tutor or maybe your parents and see what they think.
Good luck :smile:

P.S I did know a girl who did A Level Law and went onto doing a Forensic Science degree!

thats true about motivation but i really liked law and that was my worst grade lol i dont think im really good at essay writing so thats where i probably went wrong, but i love learning the subject
thnx for the advice i think il prob stick with law then
aww thats cool im pretty sure i want to do forensics at the moment but i keep changing my mind so dno if il still feel this way next year lol
Reply 6
The essay questions are not so bad once you get the hang of writing essays. The key is to do a few essay questions from past papers and then see if your teacher will mark then and offer you advice. You could ask your teacher for advice on how to write a good eassy. One good feature is to always argue both sides! :smile:

Latest