Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Graduate entry medics and applicants society!

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Imperial!!!

Here are my stats:

BSc Biological Sciences (Warwick)
    MSc Integrative Bioscience (Oxford)
    PhD Pharmacy (Nottingham)

UKCAT: 747.5

Work Experience:
    One week shadowing a neurosurgeon
    Six months NHS ward volunteer
    Two weeks in a paediatric hospital in India
    St John’s Ambulance qualification

Applied to:
    Imperial: Offer – Accepted
    Oxford: Rejection (without interview)
    Cambridge: Rejection (without interview)
    King’s: Offer (5 year) – Declined
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! thats awesome!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bob Kelso)
    Just got an email from SGUL... They say the Admissions panel will be meeting to discuss interview results during the last week of February and offers should be released in early March... WHYYYYY!!!?????? :mad:
    Not itself a problem - I won't find out the outcome of Notts interview until mid-April at the earliest so March is still a pretty quick turn around from SGUL.

Southampton, who knows?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HLS)
    Not itself a problem - I won't find out the outcome of Notts interview until mid-April at the earliest so March is still a pretty quick turn around from SGUL.

Southampton, who knows?
    Its not really that quick a turn around when you think of their interview dates...

Notts interview last week in March and the first week in April and the post offer open day is the 28th April. That suggests a turn around from interview to offer/rejection of 3-4 weeks at most. SGUL interview all through January and aren't getting back to us until March - thats 2 months waiting for the earliest interviewed and 5-6 weeks for those in the last week of January.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nasher and Basher)
    Someone has been rejected by SGUL, via NMM. Turns out rejection was a UCAS error.
    How do you know it was an error? NMM still saying people were rejected.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bob Kelso)
    Its not really that quick a turn around when you think of their interview dates...

Notts interview last week in March and the first week in April and the post offer open day is the 28th April. That suggests a turn around from interview to offer/rejection of 3-4 weeks at most. SGUL interview all through January and aren't getting back to us until March - thats 2 months waiting for the earliest interviewed and 5-6 weeks for those in the last week of January.
    I don't think it's too bad. I am in no rush - unless somebody really takes the piss and doesn't disclose offers until May or something, which would make it very difficult to make domestic arrangements for the upheval.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    According to the letter from Notts, if you're successful "you will be informed in writing no later than Monday 16th April 2012", though going by their current track record, I'd take that with a pinch of salt :rolleyes:

In other news, "This is let you know that no further invitations to our Selection Centre are to be sent out for entry in 2012." Thanks Warwick, I had figured that by myself. Now to wait for the inevitable change of Track email, that'll still scare me even though I'm expecting it.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HLS)
    How do you know it was an error? NMM still saying people were rejected.
    The person who posted that on NMM, took that from the fb group, the same place where I saw the message originally. The applicant then said that after contacting SGUL, they said it was a UCAS error.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    warwick was a wicked day out but the less said about it the better. Cant stop stressing.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    After getting over the day's stress I'm not too fussed about the SGUL delay. It would obviously be good to know but at least I know when I can expect to find out so I can try to put it to the back of my mind until the first week in March (which is close to uni exam results time so I could end up having a truly terrible week or 2)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, so I`ve been through some process of getting to know what I really want, but it seems to get a little bit clearer.

Background: German Rettungsassistent (something like a Paramedic), two years job training, for now 1 1/2 years of work experience after training.
    I`ve applied for Para Science this year, but lately, I`m considering to do something different.
    I`ve always been interested in Literature and English and I`ll possibly start a degree in those topics through distance learning at the Open University. Just feel like I have to give this a go, otherwise I`ll propably regret it in the future.

Thing is, medicine has also been one of the things I always considered. I`ve just recently heard of the Graduate Entry possibity and I`ve found this to be quite interesting.
    So, if finally, I`d found myself wanting to do medicine after all, would I have a realistic chance to be taken?
    At that point, I would have about 7-8 years of work experience in Emergency Medical Service, a BA in English and English Literature and some really good grades at my Abitur (A-Levels).
    I`ll also try to get accredited Para through the internatioal applicants route with the HPC.

So experience-wise, would I have changes to get accepted? Just checking out of curiosity.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone else kicking themselves for not realising they sounded a right idiot in the interview or didnt say enough???
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nasher and Basher)
    The person who posted that on NMM, took that from the fb group, the same place where I saw the message originally. The applicant then said that after contacting SGUL, they said it was a UCAS error.
    Thanks for clarifying.

(Original post by lcsurfer)
    anyone else kicking themselves for not realising they sounded a right idiot in the interview or didnt say enough???
    I just can't evaluate whether mine went well. Suppose I'll find out the hard way!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So... I think I'm right in thinking all the Warwick interviews are done now - when are the Barts interviews?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    barts are next week... then hopefully know by early/mid march on offers
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lcsurfer)
    It's impossible to have the perfect interview, there is no way that you could construct the same answers in the moment as you are able to in retrospect. I'm sure that you were fine .
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dickie Snapples)
    Offer from Imperial!!!
    BSc Biological Sciences (Warwick)
    MSc Integrative Bioscience (Oxford)
    PhD Pharmacy (Nottingham)

UKCAT: 747.5

Work Experience:
    One week shadowing a neurosurgeon
    Six months NHS ward volunteer
    Two weeks in a paediatric hospital in India
    St John’s Ambulance qualification
    Applied to:
    Imperial: Offer – Accepted
    Oxford: Rejection (without interview)
    Cambridge: Rejection (without interview)
    King’s: Offer (5 year) – Declined
    Blimey. Well if that didn't get you even an interview at Oxford or Cambridge I don't feel so bad myself. What kind of superhuman do you have to be for them to consider you. I'm shocked.
    Massive congrats on your offers!!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there is an actual interview part to the Barts selection centre day or is it just tasks? Thanks!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpineapple)
    Does anyone know if there is an actual interview part to the Barts selection centre day or is it just tasks? Thanks!
    Barts tells everyone who takes the selection centre not to share any information about it. That said, it would be unwise to go to any kind of medical school selection and not be prepared for an interview scenario.
Updated: March 5, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.