The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
ajp100688
Mossad are bad ass, I really wouldn't be surprised if they were behind it.

Reply 41
pasargad

Expect the unexpected, it's easy to transport weapons across the Caspian and no doubt news of such a deal would leak out pretty easily, especially with the proximity of strong Israeli ally Turkey. Whereas the theory this time was that the ship travelled to Kaliningrad, loaded up with the weapons there (not actually on the ship's cargo information) and then continued on still under the pretence it was just carrying wood, which is what it set off with.

Why else would Peres just randomly pop up in Moscow and then flat out deny he'd been there, only to later admit to having flown there.
Reply 43
ajp100688
Expect the unexpected, it's easy to transport weapons across the Caspian and no doubt news of such a deal would leak out pretty easily, especially with the proximity of strong Israeli ally Turkey. Whereas the theory this time was that the ship travelled to Kaliningrad, loaded up with the weapons there (not actually on the ship's cargo information) and then continued on still under the pretence it was just carrying wood, which is what it set off with.

Why else would Peres just randomly pop up in Moscow and then flat out deny he'd been there, only to later admit to having flown there.

I didn't want to quote you btw, it went pear shaped and the edit button didn't work for me.

So are you saying that going the longer way around is not going leak out whilst the short way would? Turkey is not a great ally of Israel, they have too many similar interests with Iran like the Kurdish issue, but your point is moot anyway, Turkey doesn't share a border with the caspian sea.

Perez could be there for a number of reasons, one would be to stop them from selling Iran the S 300, the other could be to persuade Russia to oush for sanctions during P5+1 meeting on Iran.

The S 300 is a defensive weapon and Military sanctions on Iran only include offensive ones. Russia could publicly sell Iran the S 300 if it wanted to, there is no reason why it would want to hide it. Besides, the S 300 would be useless if Iran secretly had it, the whole point is to deter an attack.

Latest