The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just dont get complacent and you'll be ok.
I found GCSE to AS an easy step, but AS-A2 really hard one.
Reply 41
So do you guys think I can succeed by doing these subjects: Maths (Stats), Further Maths, English Lit and Economics and going through everything I've done in school for 2 hours?
Ultimate1
So do you guys think I can succeed by doing these subjects: Maths (Stats), Further Maths, English Lit and Economics and going through everything I've done in school for 2 hours?

Don't give yourself any limits on time as that may hinder more than help.
Make notes throughout the week and review them every week on friday night/saturday. for the maths, do millions of practise questions as that is the only way really. and DO HOMEWORK when it is set, and don't do the GCSE strategy of no work=A*....doesn't work now :biggrin:
Reply 43
infernalcradle
Don't give yourself any limits on time as that may hinder more than help.
Make notes throughout the week and review them every week on friday night/saturday. for the maths, do millions of practise questions as that is the only way really. and DO HOMEWORK when it is set, and don't do the GCSE strategy of no work=A*....doesn't work now :biggrin:

OK thanks. So instead of a time limit I should just get the work/revision doen etc and not care about time?
Basma
aaah, too conflicting answers above! :p: but really, I would like to know too, as I'm doing five/six soon...

6???!!!
Ultimate1
OK thanks. So instead of a time limit I should just get the work/revision doen etc and not care about time?

Pretty much as you may need 1 hour to learn what you need, whilst for something else you may need 3 hours, by setting a limit you are restricting yourself to certain bounds which will not help if you need longer. Although, whilst you shouldn't care about time, if you really are spending too long on something, see a teacher/ask a friend as this may be a problem area
I'm getting so sick of these topics. 'is A level REALLY harder than gcse? or are the 10 people who told me that just lieing/wrong?' Just accept the fact that the workload IS bigger! Not hugely but enough to be noticed.

-__________________________________________________________-
Holly704
Woooow, thats a first for me too! :woo:
Youre even doing EPQ! What are you doing yours on?

I dont know why I find this so cool, it just is
Theres only one girl in my school who does the same options as me :s

I'm doing mine on the Lisbon Treaty :biggrin: And you?
Even cooler for me, you are the first person ever who I've met who does the same! I did Crit Thinking at my old school too (only to AS, but still :smile: )

Latest