The Student Room Group

Dying my hair ginger?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I've dyed my hair last week with the nice'n'easy auburn colour. I think it was the medium and it's gone a rellly nice dark ginger colour. I love it.

Adam G Manning
Oh yes.

All of my exes have been a shade of red and now I have red hair.

I think I have a fetish....

My friends used to say I had a fetish, but I don't think It's me. I seem to attract only those with ginger hair, maybe they can sense they I like their hair colour...
JessLar
I've dyed my hair last week with the nice'n'easy auburn colour. I think it was the medium and it's gone a rellly nice dark ginger colour. I love it.

My friends used to say I had a fetish, but I don't think It's me. I seem to attract only those with ginger hair, maybe they can sense they I like their hair colour...

What colour was your hair before you dyed it? :smile:
Reply 42
foundintransmission
What colour was your hair before you dyed it? :smile:

A boring mousey brown colour.

I would love to have Florence's hair :smile:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/images.nachofoto.com/b-Florence-Welch-aka-F-4235bbab8f93.jpeg
JessLar
A boring mousey brown colour.

I would love to have Florence's hair :smile:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/images.nachofoto.com/b-Florence-Welch-aka-F-4235bbab8f93.jpeg

See mines that brown colour naturally haha, but its more red atm and i dunno if ginger will take to it.
Bit too ginger for me that but it is nice :smile:
Ah, Imogen Cheap....
Don't do it ginger. When you get bored of it, it'll be a NIGHTMARE to get rid of.
This thread is asking for trouble

My wife occasionally dyes her hair strawberry blonde. It's not full on ginger, but I think it's a nice shade and suits her skin tone.
tigermoth99
This thread is asking for trouble

My wife occasionally dyes her hair strawberry blonde. It's not full on ginger, but I think it's a nice shade and suits her skin tone.

Haha, there has already been mild debate.
I'm very pale, which is one of the reasons I've thought about doing it.
Reply 48
i think you should go for what you think is best - if people dont like u because of it theyr dicks (most people cudnt care less - being a ginge im used to it :P:smile:
i did see a hair dye that was my colour ginger - i was post box red for a while so considered using that to go back - i think it was a garnier nutrise shade or herbal essence - common type but not so common colour

if u are going ginger just be prepared for the teasing it takes a strong person to pull it off

good luck!
xxx
Reply 49
ldmoore1
wash your hair with washing up liquid a few times. sounds crazy but it strips out hair dye. then your hair will be lighter and you can try dying it like that :smile:

its true!!! i went from post box red to my natural ginger really easily using that - recommended by the hairdresser
Linz1502
i think you should go for what you think is best - if people dont like u because of it theyr dicks (most people cudnt care less - being a ginge im used to it :P:smile:
i did see a hair dye that was my colour ginger - i was post box red for a while so considered using that to go back - i think it was a garnier nutrise shade or herbal essence - common type but not so common colour

if u are going ginger just be prepared for the teasing it takes a strong person to pull it off

good luck!
xxx

Thanks will do! It's pretty sad tbh, I figured people would kinda have got past that after primary school? :p: It's already a reddy colour, but I've wanted to go lighter for a while and it seems nice, and seeing as I'm so pale I figure I'd suit it. God knows what I'd do about my eyebrows though haha. But yeah. I think I'm gunna see what my boyfriend says :p:
Reply 51
The colour of your hair in your profile pic looks gorgeous already ^^
*theKid*
The colour of your hair in your profile pic looks gorgeous already ^^

Thanks! ^_^ But I still wanna change it, haha.
Reply 53
I don't get what the problem with being ginger is? Why's everyone so against it?

I love ginger hair :biggrin: and OP I'm dying my hair ginger too though probably done by my hairdresser. My hair's auburn already and I'm the palest person I know so I think it will suit
Alias__
I don't get what the problem with being ginger is? Why's everyone so against it?

I love ginger hair :biggrin: and OP I'm dying my hair ginger too though probably done by my hairdresser. My hair's auburn already and I'm the palest person I know so I think it will suit

Haha, we sound the same! Will you have to get it lightened at the hairdressers or..? How ginger are you going?
Reply 55
To all ginger-bashers:
I lovee ginger hair, it's so cool and unique - like Lily Cole!
I hate having boring brown/black hair..
What about using a henna hair dye, there are some nice natural looking ginger shades?
I always fancied going ginger, sort of this colour. I may get it done at my next hairdressers appointment or i might just get my roots done blonde again.
a_t
Why would someone voluntarily choose to be ginger?

Cause its freaking hot!

lollapalooza
Survey after survey show that they are the least desired by males which would put you in the minority but meh, each to their own! :p:

Honestly, I think that's just because its the "in" thing to say. Red headed dames are too fine.
Leave your hair as it is i love the colour.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending