The Student Room Group

Dying my hair ginger?

Scroll to see replies

rosie9391
What about using a henna hair dye, there are some nice natural looking ginger shades?

I might do yeah, I got a brown one from lush once and my hair went green though, so I dunno :p:
_xAnonymous
Leave your hair as it is i love the colour.

It's kinda faded now though, the red always comes out dead quick. And I just want to go a bit lighter. Knowing me I'll go lighter and then go more red than ever before :p:
foundintransmission
I might do yeah, I got a brown one from lush once and my hair went green though, so I dunno :p:

Oh maybe not then, wouldn't want to risk it :p: I've got gingerish hair myself and have seen a couple of dyes by nice in easy which look nice.
rosie9391
Oh maybe not then, wouldn't want to risk it :p: I've got gingerish hair myself and have seen a couple of dyes by nice in easy which look nice.

Yeah, someone suggest them before and they seem to have some nice shades! I think I'll try washing my hair with washing up liquid [which seems to strip colour out of your hair] and try to dye over a colour close to my natural hair colour.
After discussing the matter with my bf :p:
Reply 64
Natural ginger speaking...

I dye my hair red using one of the red dyes by schwarzkopf live xxl.

They have an orange-y shade one that I've personally never used. I find my hair does go the colour on the box..
sexuali
Natural ginger speaking...

I dye my hair red using one of the red dyes by schwarzkopf live xxl.

They have an orange-y shade one that I've personally never used. I find my hair does go the colour on the box..

Oh right? I didn't know they had an orangy one, I might have a look thanks! I've had friends who've used the red in the past and said it's good. :smile:
Reply 66
foundintransmission
Oh right? I didn't know they had an orangy one, I might have a look thanks! I've had friends who've used the red in the past and said it's good. :smile:

http://www.pointpharmacy.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=5502&cat=43&page=1

think its called real red..its very orange-y

Wow, it is bright! But I actually love the colour :p: Dunno if it's a bit drastic though..
Reply 68
foundintransmission
Wow, it is bright! But I actually love the colour :p: Dunno if it's a bit drastic though..

If your hair is a dark brown it wont go as bright as that.

On the sides of the box, it gives the colour that it will go? They normally only have brown hair there for some reason, so you can see roughly what colour it will turn out :smile:
Reply 69
foundintransmission
Thanks, I might just have to give in and get it professionally lightened and that, but with starting uni and stuff I'm just a bit skint!

Are you sure you want to have such a drastic change just before uni? You mighn't like it and there won't be time for it to grow/fade.
And I like red-heads, as long as its more red than orangey.
Eimky
Are you sure you want to have such a drastic change just before uni? You mighn't like it and there won't be time for it to grow/fade.
And I like red-heads, as long as its more red than orangey.

Tbh, I would rather have a big change just before, than just after starting :p: 'Cause people don't know what it was like beforehand then, so I don't need to worry. [That's my train of thought anyway]
sexuali
If your hair is a dark brown it wont go as bright as that.

On the sides of the box, it gives the colour that it will go? They normally only have brown hair there for some reason, so you can see roughly what colour it will turn out

Well I'm thinking, try and strip the colour out a bit, and then try that, 'cause it's a bit reddy too, see how it goes on my hair, obvs it won't be that bright, but it'll give me a feel for it and then I can decide where to go from there. It's a shame I can't look at the box before I order it. 'Cause all boots and superdrugs round here have is the blonde, red and black in the live xxl range.
foundintransmission
Oh I don't watch it so I have a clue who you're on about? Thanks though? I hope? haha.

I'm sure someone's already shown you, but

so yes, it was a compliment :smile:

I think your hair colour really suits you! Anytime you're going lighter I'd always advise going to the hairdressers as it can go soo wrong. Maybe even just for the first time, so you can see if you like it and it'll be easier to maintain, so you won't have to use the hairdressers every time.
panglossian
I'm sure someone's already shown you, but

so yes, it was a compliment :smile:

I think your hair colour really suits you! Anytime you're going lighter I'd always advise going to the hairdressers as it can go soo wrong. Maybe even just for the first time, so you can see if you like it and it'll be easier to maintain, so you won't have to use the hairdressers every time.

Haha thanks, they look about 5, like me. That's the resemblance :p:
Thanks, I think I'm gunna go for a more gradual change and then it's easier for me to go back if I want to :smile:
:lolwut:

why would you want to be ginger?!?!
Anon the 7th
:lolwut:

why would you want to be ginger?!?!

More to the point, why would you list your SATs results on your TSR profile?!
Reply 75
foundintransmission
Tbh, I would rather have a big change just before, than just after starting :p: 'Cause people don't know what it was like beforehand then, so I don't need to worry. [That's my train of thought anyway]

Well I'm thinking, try and strip the colour out a bit, and then try that, 'cause it's a bit reddy too, see how it goes on my hair, obvs it won't be that bright, but it'll give me a feel for it and then I can decide where to go from there. It's a shame I can't look at the box before I order it. 'Cause all boots and superdrugs round here have is the blonde, red and black in the live xxl range.

Tesco and Asda both have a wide selection of Live XXL.
Wilkinsons do too if you have one near.
sexuali
Tesco and Asda both have a wide selection of Live XXL.
Wilkinsons do too if you have one near.

Thanks! You've been really helpful :smile: I shall go for a mooch tomorrow.
foundintransmission
More to the point, why would you list your SATs results on your TSR profile?!

we are equal now :awesome: :p:

the red looks fine as it is :wink:
Reply 78
foundintransmission
Thanks! You've been really helpful :smile: I shall go for a mooch tomorrow.

No problems :smile:
Anon the 7th
we are equal now :awesome: :p:

the red looks fine as it is :wink:

haha, I thought so.
And thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest