The Student Room Group
I'm pretty sure you will find this all out within the first few weeks :yes:

Prehaps just reading regularly would be good :yes:
Reply 2
I did edexcel english literature (the old spec) for A-level and loved it! If reading and essay-writing come naturally to you, you'll breeze through it. If not, don't worry, as long as you love reading and discussing texts you'll enjoy it. The work load was a lot, you get set so many essays per week, but like I said, if you enjoy the course it won't be a problem. The main skill assessed is essay-writing, the ability to write fluently, coherently, the ability to analyse texts, assess different interpretations, look at context. A2 is a step-up from AS, with all the skills assessed in more depth.

If you know the novels you are going to study, then I would suggest you read them. If you've read a novel before you study it, chances are you'll understand it better 2nd time round, plus you'll enjoy studying it after you've read it and hopefully "liked" it. Other than that just relax and wait till you start lessons, you don't need to study before hand at all. Relax and enjoy the subject - it was my favourite at A-level.

EDIT: Also...if you enjoyed English Literature at GCSE, chances are you'll enjoy it at A-level - it's not much different. Personally, I preferred English Language at GCSE, got an A* in it and an A in English Literature. But I took a gamble and chose English Literature for A-level instead...I don't regret my decision at all! It was amazing to study and I enjoyed all my lessons. If you enjoy it, you'll breeze through it, trust me.
Reply 3
well last year i did King lear, The kite runner, death of a salesman and pride and prejudice.

but i dropped out near the start anyway.

Latest