The Student Room Group

help!! AS choices. 3 days left.

This is urgent, I have three days to decide which AS subjects to do!:eek3:

Two questions.

Firstly, should I do five? I've cut away some of my favourite subjects already, and been left with the ones I really REALLY don't want to stop doing- english, music, history, latin and greek. I know it would probably be better for me to do four, but wouldn't know which to drop. Advice!?

Secondly, are those five subjects good for getting into oxbridge classics, or maybe even 'greats' at oxford? + I actually always liked the idea of doing physics at A or AS, but i've to scap that- i'd never be able to do 6. But doing greats involves philosophy, and i've been told that having a science is good for that, & there would be loads of people applying with the 5 subjects above. But then i'd have to stop doing another subject, and there is always the risk that I might not do well in physics, or that it might affect my other grades.

What shall I do??!!!! :confused:
Reply 1
Drop music if you want to do classics at uni? But in the end drop which you like least..
Reply 2
Plenty of people take 5 at AS and if you work hard there is no reason that you shouldn't, you can always drop one after a few weeks if it is too much. Just looking at your subjects, perhaps drop one of Latin and Greek as they are quite similar? But then if you want to do classics then you should probably keep them both, and history. Perhaps replace english or music with physics if you really want to?
Reply 3
If you REALLY don't want to stop doing any of them five and you'd never do 6, then I guess you've got your answer. Do them 5 and don't do physics.
Reply 4
If anythng drop music
Reply 5
I agree with other posters. i did music and it is fun, but out of that list it is least use to you if you want to do classics at uni (or indeed anything other than music)

Latest