The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'll tell you when I receive my offer (if I don't like it, and if swapping is possible)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Why do you create two identical threads?
Reply 3
erm, sorry :s never really used tsr before so i don't really know what i'm doing...
Reply 4
Sorrella
Would anybody please please please be willing to swap their single room for my twin room at Fishers?

Oh I do hope I do not end up in such a situation. Enjoy your time at Fisher. :p:
Reply 5
that's so mean :P i'm sitting here hoping you're going to swap with me!! :P
Well on the bright side, £72.80 a week is pretty epic :awesome:
You generally can't organise a swap like this. Each person will have a contract with the accommodation department which will have to be cancelled, with the usual penalties for breaking the contract. You would then have to reapply with the chance of other people picking up the contract. Swapping rooms unofficially is impractical as your access card will not work for your new hall, and swapping the keys is a major breach of contract. Not to mention illegal as you would be technically subletting...
Reply 8
What do you think my chances are then of being somehow able to arrange a 'legal' room change? I didn't put down twin room :'(
Reply 9
hi i would happily swap with you but only on the 2nd term cause i can't share a room yet, but really wouldn't mind!

We can't just rent the room for a term and then end contract? :O
Oh my... i HAVEN'T recieved my accom atm...

I really hope it's better than what some people are getting haha!

A twin room...... Nightmare situation perhaps, you never know... you might NOT be stuck with a mentalist for a year!!!
Reply 11
you wouldn't mind swapping the second term? you have made my day!!! where have you been allocated? tbh, imperial are going to moan because it's hassle for them but they'll agree to it in the end i'm sure.
Sorrella
you wouldn't mind swapping the second term? you have made my day!!! where have you been allocated? tbh, imperial are going to moan because it's hassle for them but they'll agree to it in the end i'm sure.

i think i wouldnt i would need to take a look at your room and location tho. is it near the college?

im in garden halls, paying 136 per week.
Reply 13
Sorrella

I know of someone who swapped in the 2nd term last year.

I was in a similiar situation last year and the accomodation office was tight as.
Reply 14
it's a twin standard in fisher halls which is a 15 min walk from campus. have no idea what its like but hopefully not too bad :s-smilie: it is nice and cheap at least (£72 pw) and i think ive read something about it being recently refurbished...? by all means take a look though. what are you studying btw?
i'm studying maths and you?
Reply 16
civil engineering. although i never in a million years thought i'd make it!
Reply 17
Sorrella
Hi,
I am really unhappy with the accommodation I've been allocated- twin room at Fishers.
Is there anyone out there who would like to swap for a single room? My room is really cheap (£72 pw) if that helps you decide...
Please- I'm desperate!!

The reason it's cheap is because the roof was supposed to have collapsed 3 years ago. :lol:
Reply 18
I didn't put down a twin room either, and still got allocated one. I was really annoyed at first, but you get there and it's fine. Your roommate is another student, who's in the same situation as you. People always talk about "what if you get a weirdo!" but really, what are the chances of that versus getting someone who's as normal as 95% of the population?

Twin rooms are fine. It lasts nine months and you save thousands of pounds.
Reply 19
Sorrella
Would anybody please please please be willing to swap their single room for my twin room at Fishers?

What were your 5 options out of interest? And did you put down all single rooms?

Latest

Trending

Trending