then why did you quote it :confused: :p:

So he knows what 'it' is :rolleyes:

When he removes it, I will do the same. Get with it, deary... :rolleyes:
Reply 21
~Raphael~
So he knows what 'it' is :rolleyes:

When he removes it, I will do the same. Get with it, deary... :rolleyes:

Don't deary me, :rolleyes: cheapskate :p:

I thought the glaring error might need pointing out to you, all things considered :p: :redface: :biggrin:
Reply 22
RichE
Don't deary me, :rolleyes: cheapskate :p:

I thought the glaring error might need pointing out to you, all things considered :p: :redface: :biggrin:

Cheapskate?? :eek:

That's three times you've intimated I'm less than mentally able today; I shall get a bigger complex :frown:
Reply 23
OH MY GOD, I've travelled back in time to when there was still a raphael and riche conversation thread!
Reply 24
Sorry; he started it :frown:
Reply 25
Willa
OH MY GOD, I've travelled back in time to when there was still a raphael and riche conversation thread!

Yes this is the nouveau riche and raphael thread :biggrin:

<sorry :redface: :frown: :eek: >
Reply 26
~Raphael~

That's three times you've intimated I'm less than mentally able today; I shall get a bigger complex :frown:

What were the other two? :rolleyes:

Do remind me, I've misplaced them <short-term memory issues and all> :frown: :biggrin:
PhilipGarsed
I know this is a rehash of last years thread, but it'd be good to have our own thread for this, as suggested in the Magdalene thread. It's probably way premature, but i'm bored, so I'll start.

PhilipGarsed,

Cool idea (Raphael, too)! This thread is going to be pretty hard to read through to get a list out of it though - if you were feeling super generous and efficient and with plenty of time, you could edit the first post after every few pages and compile an overall list of people's suggestions :wink:

Lol. :tsr:

ZarathustraX
Reply 28
RichE
What were the other two? :rolleyes:

Do remind me, I've misplaced them <short-term memory issues and all> :frown: :biggrin:

Ssshhhhh this is meant to be a helpful threadelse it won't be stickied!

Cheapskate?! Never been accused of that in my life!?
Reply 29
Zarathustra
PhilipGarsed,

Cool idea (Raphael, too)! This thread is going to be pretty hard to read through to get a list out of it though - if you were feeling super generous and efficient and with plenty of time, you could edit the first post after every few pages and compile an overall list of people's suggestions :wink:

Lol. :tsr:

ZarathustraX

Oooh that is a fabby idea; hopefully that way it will be stickied! Who do we ask now that Adhsur is not having the powah?!
Reply 30
~Raphael~
I'd find it hard deciding between laptop or desktop...

Well the way I see it it depends on two things:

Are you the type who will be sitting in coffee bars writing essays?

Do you need rediculously huge amounts of disk space for all the music you may find yourself, ehem, borrowing from other members of the Uni?

As for Duvets, I would assume it is the same with every college, here they provide you with duvets and a cushion, but seeing as your isn't doing anything at home in the meantime its worth bringing for the sake of having extra pillos and a more comfey duvet that your college is liely to provide. Plus the spare can be useful if friends come to stay.
Reply 31
~Raphael~
Oooh that is a fabby idea; hopefully that way it will be stickied! Who do we ask now that Adhsur is not having the powah?!

I actually went to the options and tried to, before I... remembered... :redface: :frown:
Reply 32
Adhsur
I actually went to the options and tried to, before I... remembered... :redface: :frown:

Sorry dude :frown:

I could be inane and pervy to make you forget? :biggrin:
Reply 33
What to take to Cambridge 2005:

A Brain :rolleyes:
Reply 34
minimo
What to take to Cambridge 2005:

A Brain :rolleyes:

Wish i'd remembered mine....

:frown: smeggin exams
Reply 35
So... suggestions so far are:

Work related:
Stationery :P
Computer

Nutrition (kinda :P):
Vitamin pills
Alcohol
Coffee, Tea etc.
Biscuits, baked goods etc.

Food Preparation:
Kettle
Toaster
Cutlery (Mugs, knives, forks, spoons, plates etc.)

Misc:
Clothes :P
Bedding
A bag to carry stuff round in
Bike
Reply 36
Your NHS card (if you have one). You need it to sign up with a doctor here and I had a bit of a mad panic trying to find it, which didn't happen until the morning of the day I was leaving :eek:

Also, something to do during lectures. Like a handheld gaming console or book of Sudokus or something. Towards the end of lectures this year I was spending a small fortune (about 60p every other day!) to buy a paper so my friend and I would have something to do in materials lectures. Note that this assumes you have large enough lectures so the lecturer won't notice your pained expressions as your friend beats you at Mario Kart and asks what's wrong.
Reply 37
bottle opener...
Reply 38
Supermerp
Your NHS card (if you have one). You need it to sign up with a doctor here and I had a bit of a mad panic trying to find it, which didn't happen until the morning of the day I was leaving :eek:

Also, something to do during lectures. Like a handheld gaming console or book of Sudokus or something. Towards the end of lectures this year I was spending a small fortune (about 60p every other day!) to buy a paper so my friend and I would have something to do in materials lectures. Note that this assumes you have large enough lectures so the lecturer won't notice your pained expressions as your friend beats you at Mario Kart and asks what's wrong.

You could just not go to lectures?
Should bikes be brought or bought second-hand in Cambridge itself?

Oh photos and stuff to put on walls...

Latest

Trending

Trending