The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

The Official Durham POTENTIAL Freshers 09 Mass Trip to Stewart Lee Thread!

I noticed the popularity of the Michael Mcintyre thread and have decided to shamelessly copy (and pretty much steal the title of) that thread in favour of the much less popular (but much greater :wink: ) comedian Stewart Lee.

He's performing in the Stockton Arc on the 13th of October. I'm quite desperate to go, but considering it's just after a week of arrival, far before I even expect have got my bearings of durham, im unsure whether I could confidently travel to Stockton on my own.

So basically i'm just wondering if anyone else is planning on making the trip?

Edit: Should've eliminated POTENTIAL from the title there. Oh well
Reply 1
If he's the guy that used to perform with Richard Herring, sounds good... I'd be interested! Let me know if anything goes ahead =)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
He is indeed. I missed Richard Herring when he was on tour earlier in the year, hope I dont miss Lee as well
Reply 3
In that case, sounds good. I love Richard Herring... Listened to the "Collings and Herrin" podcast he does with Andrew Collins?
Reply 4
I've been meaning to for months. I have a few episodes downloaded from itunes, for whatever reason I just havent listened yet :confused:

I'd definitely recommend you watch Stewart Lee standup, his set "Stand-up Comedian" might be my favourite stand up of all time
Reply 5
Theres a free bus from Durham to Stockton, regular and runs quite late.
http://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/travel/durham.queens/neskX1051008_141008.pdf
Reply 6
They're definetly worth a listen, give them a go =)

I'll have a look at Stewart Lee standup - I've only seen his performing with others... Off to youtube!
Reply 7
Andrew Collins' mum is a ******* idiot.
Reply 8
I'm looking on google maps atm. It's actually a little further than I'd expected from Durham, but a free bus sounds excellent. I've taken the Durham University office as a generic starting point and google maps estimates ~37 minutes car journey. 21.3 miles.
Reply 9
I've taken the bus gazillions of times, takes about 40-45 minutes to get into Stockton. Get off at the high street, and it isn't too bad a walk to the Arc.
Reply 10
Great :biggrin: And from looking at the timetable it seems there will be ample time from the show ending and getting to the stop.

£16 is a good price too
Reply 11
The Arc isn't in the greatest part of town, but you should be fine.

Latest