The Student Room Group

Graduate Medicine Requirements.

Well i have got my a level results (sort of disappointing :frown:) but now i am looking ahead not thinking of the past. I am about to start my course at university and i am hoping to apply for graduate medicine (with undergraduate options too). What my question is that do the Graduate medicine admissions rely more upon the class of your degree (i.e. 1st class) or do they take a level grades into consideration. Same with undergraduate admissions (when applying with a degree). The thing is i have a B in chemistry at a level and i know the medical schools require an A. I am thinking of re-sitting one of the modules in jan, however the date the exam is on clashes with my lectures. So i am wandering whether i should re-sit or not. Help:confused:
Reply 1
Anyone? :frown:
Reply 2
B is fine for the GEP programme, i think.
It depends entirely on the medical school. Check out individual entry requirements of the schools you'd be interested in applying to.
Reply 4
Some medical schools are fine with a B for school leaver entry. Are you sure you've done your research?
Reply 5
Some dont even need you to study any sort of sciences since GCSE, e.g, Nottingham, Kings, St Georges etc...

Look for your preferred Med school and see what they want, I don't think they take GCSEs/A-levels into account, just your final degree
Reply 6
From what I know, graduate entry doesn't look at your A levels, but:

1) If you have a 2:1 or a 1st, you can apply to uni without any specific A levels or related degree.

2) If you have a 2:2 or a 3rd, then you have to either have done a degree in a related subject, take one of the access to science courses, or have related A levels.

I don't think that having a B will count against you at all. It's a B more than I had and I got into physio for this year (A levels in English, Economics and Geography), and a B more than my mate has who is starting his 3rd year at St Georges tomorrow (not sure what A levels he had, but think they were humanities too...

Best to research the universities directly though, and if you have any questions, pop an e-mail over to their admissions office.
Reply 7
Surely a B in chemistry is a plus

Latest

Trending

Trending