The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Yes, there are interviews for vet med at all of the vet schools. I can say for sure that Edinburgh interview because I went to an interview myself last year. :yep:
Edinburgh doesn't interview for medicine though (crazy, eh?) so your friends are correct in a way.

EDIT: To be more specific, Edinburgh only really interviews postgrads doing medicine, but not undergrads. For vet medicine, everyone is interviewed apart from overseas students (I think). Basically if you're an undergraduate from the UK you have to do an interview for vet med.
Reply 2
Ed don't seem to interview vet sci students who already have a degree.
Reply 3
See, I wasn't sure about postgrads. I thought that the competition for postgrad places was so intense that they would still have to interview.
Any Edinburgh postgrads like to enlighten us? :yep:
Undergraduate Vet Med at Edinburgh - INTERVIEW

Postgraduate Vet Med at Edinburgh - NO INTERVIEW

U/G Medicine at Edinburgh - NO INTERVIEW EXCEPT IN CASES WHERE A CLARIFICATION IS NEEDED

xxx
Reply 5
My bad. I had a bit of a mind blank there. :yep:
Reply 6
LDVet
See, I wasn't sure about postgrads. I thought that the competition for postgrad places was so intense that they would still have to interview.
Any Edinburgh postgrads like to enlighten us? :yep:

Ed seem to give most postgrads an offer of a place - me being cynical - maybe their incentive it the £20,000/py (or whatever it is) price tag that makes grads quite attractive to them. Possibly a case of if you have the money then, yep, we will give you a chance at becoming a vet.

Don't get me wrong, Ed is going to be one of my choices this year, because I want an offer from somewhere (still not sure how I will afford it though!)
kookabura
Ed seem to give most postgrads an offer of a place - me being cynical - maybe their incentive it the £20,000/py (or whatever it is) price tag that makes grads quite attractive to them. Possibly a case of if you have the money then, yep, we will give you a chance at becoming a vet.

Don't get me wrong, Ed is going to be one of my choices this year, because I want an offer from somewhere (still not sure how I will afford it though!)

Yer, I guess the reason they give out so many post grad places is because they know that most grads who get multiple offers will go somewhere else because of the cost factor.

How are the preparations going for this years app?
Reply 8
theparsniplady
Yer, I guess the reason they give out so many post grad places is because they know that most grads who get multiple offers will go somewhere else because of the cost factor.

Pretty good thanks. Trying very hard to do everything I can to get an offer from RVC as my plans to fund on of the others still haven't progressed much further than robbing a bank or winning the lottery.

I'm at a vets at the moment, and they have offered that I can keep going there a day or two a week if I want longer term. I've got some dairy work booked, 3 weeks at Twycross Zoo, and have been offered a job feb til june lambing and sheep shearing 2000 sheep. Which is obviously a bit late, but will hopefully help with my application anyway, as well as being good fun! I just need to manage to do well in the BMAT now!!

Anyway....back on topic. I think you are right. Ed are the most expensive place for graduates, so if people have an offer from elsewhere they would probably turn Ed down. In which case they can make lots of offers and not many will be accepted, so they don't need to spend time interviewing.
Reply 9
Thanks a million guys, I was certain they all had interviews!
Reply 10
theparsniplady

Also because they have alot of scots there who pay cheaper fees, they have quite alot of grads and overseas payers to make up the income shortfall, which is fair enough

Latest

Trending

Trending