The Student Room Group

Geography or English. Please Help Me!

Hi guys and gals. Basically I am repeating my AS Levels for chem and bio for this year and continue my A2 Geography as my AS grade was okay. I want to do medicine and i'm asking whether doing Geography will give me a disadvantage rather than if I do english language but I am half way through with geography? Also, i wanted to go to birmingham uni for medicine but now I have will have taken 3 years to do my A-Levels. what are these effects? Please help i am confused reallllly badly:frown: :confused:
Reply 1
You'd be better off putting this in the medicine forum.

Medicine do not like you taking A levels over 3 years unless you have mitigating circumstances which you can prove so you can't do much about that unless you have a reason.

Geography is fine and no more or less respected than english so stick with it.

Where is your 4th As subject? ......
Assasingh
Hi guys and gals. Basically I am repeating my AS Levels for chem and bio for this year and continue my A2 Geography as my AS grade was okay. I want to do medicine and i'm asking whether doing Geography will give me a disadvantage rather than if I do english language but I am half way through with geography? Also, i wanted to go to birmingham uni for medicine but now I have will have taken 3 years to do my A-Levels. what are these effects? Please help i am confused reallllly badly:frown: :confused:

It doesn't really matter what your 3rd subject is, some uni's don't even care if Biology is taken through to A level. But with Chemistry, Biology and Geography to A2 you're fine.

The problem is the whole 3-year thing. Quite a lot of uni's refuse resit applicants... but to be sure, you should email the ones you are going to apply for.

Latest