The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeh true also it seemed rather common sense than an English exam !
Jus concerned the marking will be to subjective !
Reply 2
yeh i wrote that it had one simile in the text and in the advert that used persinification and exxagerated some stuff but thats about it
yeh it was kinda common sense but it seemed as if u were suposed to know stuff that just wasnt there lol so seemed harder
just hope the marking scheme isnt really strict

how cool is this? there was a BIRD in our sports hall flying about and knocking dust onto people and trying to land on some people lol!! my deputy head had to ring the exam board about it..they said theyd never come across that before but he rekons there'll be special considerations :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 3
I thought the exam overall was pretty good....I HATED the argue/persuade etc... questions....they were SO crap lol...I did the persuade one...
Reply 4
AmyGrace
how cool is this? there was a BIRD in our sports hall flying about and knocking dust onto people and trying to land on some people lol!! my deputy head had to ring the exam board about it..they said theyd never come across that before but he rekons there'll be special considerations :biggrin: :biggrin:

Haha! :smile: :smile:
Reply 5
bird? thats so cool.
in our exams we got this bee flying all around and the girl sat next to me screamed..and the teacher was like 'shut up its jsut a bee' to her.
Reply 6
Hahaha Bird Thing.....lmao
Reply 7
Oh bird !
I thought bird as in BIRD !

LOL
Reply 8
pete77
Oh bird !
I thought bird as in BIRD !

LOL

:confused:...how else could you take bird lol?
Reply 9
the exam was easy.analysing this picture was easy.colour of the car obviously symoblised the breeze, the sea, the romantism. Everything was common sense and obvious really. The item 2 used loads of personification, similes, cliches and etc.I think i got my desired A.lol.
Reply 10
oh yay i said the colours looked cool too and personification and similes :biggrin: yay
but i find the next one easier..love descriptive writing :biggrin:
Reply 11
i liked reading about the stupid americans and i love bill brysons books so it helped that i knew what he was all about. For the car i remember saying the advert was making it seem that the car was your new best friend and the whole idea of the language "do you speak micra " was giving it a personality and an identity. I liked the quesiton where u had to compare them.
For wrting i did a new comer to the area : i did a article for university student who had moved ot the area . I did it that way so i could use some sarcastic humour and some tabloidese language.

LOL they guy in front of me got caught texting on his fone. when he got caught he started crying turned out his mum was a teacher at another school and was texting him hints throughout the exam. we were all shocked!

stupid dumb americans ....loved it. ha! the bird thing was funny ! lol
hahaha... i wrote about descriptive adjectives and noun phrases... argue question was easy... but i ran out of time quite badly
Reply 13
damn i havent done all that well then....wrote nothin bout similies personification etc
ffs! i know what it al means aswell....jus didnt think bout it ... plus izzy..breeze etc...ur on ur own there !!! thats jus random stuff ur makin up
Reply 14
im thinking maybe i shouldnt come here and talk about exams after them lol
you're all so good and makes me think ive done ***** lol
Reply 15
lol same ere
i dunno tho...even tho i havent done all that well in this i shud stil have a high B hopefully
and if i do better on next paper i shud get A
Reply 16
yeh i still think il get an A..cw is A* and im more confident on the next paper..so *fingers crossed*
how much is cw again? 30%? thats what i got told :confused:
Reply 17
Nice !
Graphics in 2 hrs for God's sake how do u draw !
Reply 18
yeah
Reply 19
english (>.<) i found it quite easy, considering how much i was worried over it.
tho i did kinda run out of time but i still managed to finish.
i done the question 4 in sec B, about advertising the car to young men.
i just basically copied the magazine article about womens gadgets. :smile:

Latest