Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lloyds TSB NUS card

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone get a student account with lloyds and still not got the NUS card forms or whatever your supposed to get?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    They upgraded my current account automatically and sent me a letter through the post giving you a code to apply for a NUS Extra card.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    How long has it been? Mine took like a week and a half - 2 weeks I think
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Upgraded to a student account, got the letter with the code, filled the stuff in on the site and had my card within 4-5 days.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My letter arrived a couple of weeks ago but then i did have an early student account rather than getting a normal student account straight away.

My advice, if your letter doesnt arrive within a few days, go and ask someone in branch and see if they can sort it out because they have all the internal phone numbers to contact the right people.

Only problem was that my card took a little longer because i paid another £1 and got an ISIC card included and it was a bank holiday, although it was good because theyve already verified youre a student so the card is sent straight to you rather than having it sent to your new union.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i got a student account 2 weeks ago now and still not received anything from NUS about the card!! when will i get it???
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I opened my Lloyds student account over three weeks and I've got my card etc. but no information about the NUS. I think I'll send them an email.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got a free NUS card last year. Never used it. Not even once. I could flash my University ID and still get the same perks.

On topic, however, they send you a letter with a code you can put into the website.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't recieved a letter containing your personal code to apply for your free NUS card online then just give them a call and they'll make sure that the branch you opened your account with send you one out. After applying online it should take 5 working days!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kinglrb)
    If you haven't recieved a letter containing your personal code to apply for your free NUS card online then just give them a call and they'll make sure that the branch you opened your account with send you one out. After applying online it should take 5 working days!
    I've had my account open for over 2 years now, after spending hours on the phone, sending numerous emails and talking to people in my local branch, they still couldn't send me the code and so still no NUS card. I hate banks sometimes....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eden09)
    I've had my account open for over 2 years now, after spending hours on the phone, sending numerous emails and talking to people in my local branch, they still couldn't send me the code and so still no NUS card. I hate banks sometimes....
    Really? I just called the other day and told them that I hadn't recieved my letter. So the guy sent a fax to the branch I opened my account with and they sent the letter out same day.

My brother had a bit of a trouble so he went in and told them he wanted to withdraw all his money and close his account and move to HSBC. They got him a letter on the spot, with an apology from the branch manager.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    when filling out the stuff for the code what do you write for the union bit?.....i type aston university but it still doesnt allow me to go further!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    oh my god this has been one big headache for me!!
    i opened up my account early so it was there ready for when i began uni so my money could go straight in! well since i began uni i have been in branch and fobbed off been on the phone countless times and fobbed off now i have to go back into branch on saturday for an appointment to try to get this all sorted! todl the bloke today on the phone (who really ahd no idea what i was talknig about and waffled on about what thier brochure was saying) that ifd this doesnt get sorted then i will have to go elsewhere as i am not getting the service that i signed up for in the first palace! annoying thing is it has been a bank we have used for years as we ahve our mortgage with them, a loan (best value) use to have credit cards but recelntly got them transfered onto a free intrest for 9 months! never felt the big need to move but now i am really starting to consider it
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do Lloyds TSB customers who got a student account before 2011, get the NUS card for 3 years for free?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rsp)
    Do Lloyds TSB customers who got a student account before 2011, get the NUS card for 3 years for free?
    You should do.

I'm still waiting for mine although I am going to pop into my local bank about this as it hasn't arrived yet.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I went into my local branch to ask what was going on and they were absolutely useless! The nub and gist of it however was that we apparently get an email end of august/ beginning of september with the one use code in and then we can send for the card... but its frustrating that they said we would get the relevant information at the beginning of august and here we are now with no info! Hopefully it'll come soon though I have so much to buy still for uni and could do with the discount
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    do you still get an NUS card if im currently with another bank and now joined Lloyds?

is this a good account?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems renewing my card. I've spoken to Lloyds on the phone twice, and visited branch today and I've been given three unsure solutions. I haven't received any email, or post about it. And August is nearly over! They just tried to tell me that NUS are the ones that have to give me the code - but they say on their website that they don't handle the codes! I'm so confused. I'm going to give it a few days and see if I receive anything.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have been to 3 different branches all who have said different things but all pretty clueless (one didn't even know student accounts got nus cards).
    The last branch told me that it was nus who sent the renewal codes.
    Emailed nus twice but they've replied with the same automated email both tims with instructions on how to purchase the card...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm REALLY ANNOYED with Lloyds right now! I have phoned them countless times and have gone to my local branch several times regarding this! Its been a month since opening my student account and I have not yet received the code for my free nus card either via post or email. They keep giving me the same website www.lloydstsb.com/NUSExtra which directs you to the nus website, but I don't have the code to redeem my free card, hence the reason why I'm phoning you people up! I'm going to go to the bank once more as this is an absolute jokes!
Updated: September 16, 2013
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.