The Student Room Group

Query regarding appliyng to medicine via a medically related course

Hey,

I have heard a rumour from a friend that its possible to apply onto a medically related course, complete one year and get transfered onto the 2nd year of a medicine course (due to both 1st years apparently being similar).

I for one, am not sure if this is possible, even if I attend and pass interviews, however I would just like to get confirmation before i completely dismiss this idea.

Thanks
Reply 1
Caramel_Crunch
Hey,

I have heard a rumour from a friend that its possible to apply onto a medically related course, complete one year and get transfered onto the 2nd year of a medicine course (due to both 1st years apparently being similar).

I for one, am not sure if this is possible, even if I attend and pass interviews, however I would just like to get confirmation before i completely dismiss this idea.

Thanks

This is possible, as I did it via a course called Clinical Sciences at Bradford University!
Don't bank on it. Very, very few people get a transfer and you have to be at the top of your year group to do so. I believe Bradford (to Leeds), Newcastle, and SGUL have some form of transfer scheme.
Reply 3
It's not something you should pin your hopes on, if it happens then that's great, but if not you might be stuck doing a course you don't like.

Far better to take a gap year and re-apply.
Reply 4
aSian_cUtY
This is possible, as I did it via a course called Clinical Sciences at Bradford University!

hi, just few quick questions: are you from bradford? if not, how easy is it to get an interview? because i know they said the priority is given to the local students before the interview stages.

thank you:smile:
Reply 5
lazytomato
hi, just few quick questions: are you from bradford? if not, how easy is it to get an interview? because i know they said the priority is given to the local students before the interview stages.

thank you:smile:

lol I am from birmingham much like u! and priority given to the local students means nothing because there is people from all over UK that do this coursE!
Reply 6
aSian_cUtY
lol I am from birmingham much like u! and priority given to the local students means nothing because there is people from all over UK that do this coursE!

Thank you:biggrin:
Thanks for the information. What course is it at Newcastle that offers such a transfer and do any other unis bar Newcastle, SGUL and Bradford off such a scheme?
Does anyone know?

Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending