The Student Room Group

Remarking Math-Edexcel AS level

I'm two marks off an A in C1. I want a clerical remark, but I don't know what the chances of getting those two extra UMS marks is. I assume 50/50.

I'm 4 UMS marks off a B in Statistics. I think I did ok. I think I lost about 20 marks[not that good, but nearly all of those were stupid mistakes] I'm sure that doesn't equal 66/100. I'm going to redo the test even if it goes up to 70, but should I have it remarked and hope it goes up to 70, just in case I do badly in the resit?
Reply 1
HopingDragron
I'm two marks off an A in C1. I want a clerical remark, but I don't know what the chances of getting those two extra UMS marks is. I assume 50/50.

I'm 4 UMS marks off a B in Statistics. I think I did ok. I think I lost about 20 marks[not that good, but nearly all of those were stupid mistakes] I'm sure that doesn't equal 66/100. I'm going to redo the test even if it goes up to 70, but should I have it remarked and hope it goes up to 70, just in case I do badly in the resit?

A clerical re-check or a full review of the marking (remark)?
http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20want%20to%20%20Tasks/23%20-%20Post%20Results%20Service.pdf
They are very different services. (see document page # 481, the 9th page of the pdf)

In either case, the chances of picking up extra marks on AS maths papers are much lower than 50:50. It is relatively easy to mark them - there are very clear right answers and well established methods for solving the problems. Of course mistakes can happen in the marking process so it's up to you......

Latest