The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Beet
Just got off the phone with an LSE, Cambridge & Oxford undergraduate admissions person. Conversation summary in spoiler...

Spoiler

We told you so. But it is good you validated it. With regards to Cambridge - Kindly go through thier website for economics dept. You will see they clearly mention that Maths, FM, History, and Geography will prepare you better for thier course. :yep:
Beet
Just got off the phone with an LSE, Cambridge & Oxford undergraduate admissions person. Conversation summary in spoiler...

Spoiler

Surely you've answered your own question then :wink: Universities are god in the matter of admission :smile:
Reply 22
Beet
:eek:

I got the phone with an Oxford Undergraduate admissions person and they said History would be a good fourth.

However your argument is pretty strong. I can do either Physics or History (not both -- too much workload personally...) and I wanna do subjects best suited for an Economics degree. Are you sure Physics is the better alternative?

Stick with History. It's becoming increasingly important for some top universities to also see evidence of essay writing skills and the ability to think critically. Keep History; don't change it to Politics or Physics.

Latest