The Student Room Group

RESITTING after finishing A2 Levels

Hey , i just have a quick query which i wanted clearing up and wondered if you guys could help, i ended up with a B in A2 level chemistry but needed an A for my university course. I was told by someone that if i resit after finishing my A-levels i could only resit A2 papers and couldnt resit any AS papers again - is this true?

thanks in advance! (please quote me) :smile:
Yeah I think so - theres a time limit on resitting papers.
Reply 2
freddyy_poo
Hey , i just have a quick query which i wanted clearing up and wondered if you guys could help, i ended up with a B in A2 level chemistry but needed an A for my university course. I was told by someone that if i resit after finishing my A-levels i could only resit A2 papers and couldnt resit any AS papers again - is this true?

thanks in advance! (please quote me) :smile:

Because the subject specifications have been changed the answer is Yes. You can only resit A2 papers and, depending upon your awarding body, probably only in Jan 2010. After that the specification will be withdrawn and no resits will be possible.

Normally you could sit any AS or A2 units even after you have completed A2, as long as the specification is still available. There is no limit to the number of resits even if you cahs in and certify the A level.
Reply 3
gdunne42
Because the subject specifications have been changed the answer is Yes. You can only resit A2 papers and, depending upon your awarding body, probably only in Jan 2010. After that the specification will be withdrawn and no resits will be possible.

Normally you could sit any AS or A2 units even after you have completed A2, as long as the specification is still available. There is no limit to the number of resits even if you cahs in and certify the A level.

i see, thank you!

Latest