The Student Room Group

Brain blockage in exams :(

Does anyone ever get this, you're sitting in an exam with the question infront of you but just don't know HOW to write it, don't know what words to put down :confused: It happened in English exam today (and all the others for that matter) I was just sitting there without knowing what words to put down. It's costed me my A grade! :mad:

What can I do to stop this brain blockage...eat a certain something? :pepsi: :frown: :frown:

Scroll to see replies

apples are supposed to be good - slow release of water into the brain, or something along those lines... ??
Reply 2
Yeah, I had it in Biology. And a bit in English Lang today. But mainly in Biology. Just try and focus is all I can say. I think it's more likely to happen if you're tired as well.
Reply 3
StripeyGirl
Does anyone ever get this, you're sitting in an exam with the question infront of you but just don't know HOW to write it, don't know what words to put down :confused: It happened in English exam today (and all the others for that matter) I was just sitting there without knowing what words to put down. It's costed me my A grade! :mad:

What can I do to stop this brain blockage...eat a certain something? :pepsi: :frown: :frown:

Yeah but it always comes back to me, thats why if i think of something good to write i put it down straight away
zhivago
Yeah, I had it in Biology. And a bit in English Lang today. But mainly in Biology. Just try and focus is all I can say. I think it's more likely to happen if you're tired as well.

Yes I had a nightmare in Maths yesterday ... was VERY tired :frown:
Reply 5
zhivago

Hmm, I guess so. Going to bed late probably doesn't help either. Ooopsy! :redface:
Reply 6
motoroller
apples are supposed to be good - slow release of water into the brain, or something along those lines... ??

Oooh, apples. Don't actually have any, but oranges might work! Someone said something about bananas dipped in honey... bit of a yukky sticky mess
Reply 7
well you all need to eat is heinz baked beans, they really are superbeans, its been scientifically proven that baked beans, in the morning help the mind focus!! :smile:
what i want to know is which bloke thought, "ahh i know what i will, study to see if a baked bean helps the mind"!! :confused:
Reply 8
Yeah, I couldn't really be arsed with that! How late is late by the way? Just so you can reassure me about the time I usually turn in!

Lewys, is that true!?!
Reply 9
StripeyGirl
Hmm, I guess so. Going to bed late probably doesn't help either. Ooopsy! :redface:

Same here, but I couldnt not watch the League of Gentlemen - and then read for an hour :redface:
zhivago
Yeah, I couldn't really be arsed with that! How late is late by the way? Just so you can reassure me about the time I usually turn in!

Lewys, is that true!?!

Take it from me - 3am is not a good time to go bed if you've got an exam the next day, even if its in the afternoon. lol
Reply 11
Candy_Shop
Take it from me - 3am is not a good time to go bed if you've got an exam the next day, even if its in the afternoon. lol

However little revision ive done that day i still go to bed around 11pm, so i can wake up fresh and start to revise before exam in afternoon.
Markus505
However little revision ive done that day i still go to bed around 11pm, so i can wake up fresh and start to revise before exam in afternoon.

Worst thing is I werent up revising just watching a film
Reply 13
Candy_Shop
Worst thing is I werent up revising just watching a film

lol there have been so many good films on recently, and they're all at late night, i swear they do it on purpose..
Yes, happens all too often. I kept zoning out in maths and the whole hall disappeared.
Reply 15
i zone in too much :| , make myself dizzy because i don't take my eyes of the paper really!
I've been falling asleep just after one everynight for about a year. It's not the best thing to do for everyone but it suits me just fine :smile:

Michael
Reply 17
In English i had to write a letter it must've taken me literally a minute to think of a name :| my mind was just totally blank
i had brain blockage today as well =( i never knew about the apples thing, but apparently banana's are good too. i've been eating them a lot now but i don't know if they made any difference! i hate brain blockage! i can never usually snap out of it!
Reply 19
horrorfansteph
i had brain blockage today as well =( i never knew about the apples thing, but apparently banana's are good too. i've been eating them a lot now but i don't know if they made any difference! i hate brain blockage! i can never usually snap out of it!

Yeah it can be a real pain in the arse, just sitting there knowing that you know what the answer is or what you need to write but your brain is in some kind of trance of nothingness

Latest