The Student Room Group

~Some advice about a Care Assistant Interview...~

Hey, I've got an interivew tommorow at a nursing home and Interviews are really not my best thing in the world! Supprised I got through my nursing interview! :wink:
I would like a job in a nursing home before I start nursing, I was wondering what sort of questions they ask? and whats the best way to answer them?
Had an interview the other week at a different nurisng home and it was really awful.. I just went blank -she asked questions like

Why do you want the job?

I just said because I feel it will give me experience for when I come to do nursing and having had experience over the summer caring for people I feel like I would like to care & help people more. (really rubbish answer but thats what I said- really not sure whether to tell them im doing nursing in march though as they may not want to take me on just for 6 months)

she then started to tell me that I should get a job as a HCA in the hospital as that will give me experience - she went on about that for ages! grr I wouldn't of been at the interview if i didn't want that job!

Tell me about you as a person?
really didnt know what to say here i just said... caring, kind, reliable & hard working...

Anymore questions and advice would be very helpful!!

Many thanks :smile:
ive had 'what do you understand about the role'

'how will you deal with x situation'

how will you manage stress, time management
In most interviews I've had they asked what do I think the job involves, so make sure you know the sort of things that you will be expected to do.

It sounds easier than it is, but try to relax. The worst that can happen is you won't get the job and you will never have to see them again, so don't worry about saying anything stupid.

Think about what you can put into the job, and what you want to get out of it.

Also, emphasise the experience you already have and how that relates to working in a nursing home.

If you can, ask someone to pretend to be the interviewer and have a practice at answering questions.
Reply 3
ahh thanks very much both of you :smile:

I might write a list of questions & answers and I i'll ask my mum if she'll be the interviewer lol

They did tell me that its going to be quite an informal interview.. but there will be two of them interviewing me! So I just want to be prepared!

Latest