The Student Room Group

Costa Coffee Job....Wages?

I have been offered a job at Costa Coffee and was just wondering if anyone knew what they wage per hour for under 18's???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
why didn't you just ask them...

I'm betting on minimum wage.
Reply 2
Minimum wage, definitely
I'd work at costa's just to be around coffee and hot chocolate and stuff all day :biggrin:

But yeah...
probably not that much. You should have asked them!
Reply 4
funkymunkey123
I have been offered a job at Costa Coffee and was just wondering if anyone knew what they wage per hour for under 18's???

How did you hear about the job ? Thanks
funkymunkey123

Sorry to bother you, but could you please tell me how did you get the job ? Thank you so much
Last time I went to a Costa coffee bar and handed them my CV but no response. I am hopless
Reply 6
5.75 then 6.03 after three months..
Whenever costa is looking they will put up vacancy signs up, any other time and they're not really interested.
well in my local stores they didn't put any vacancies signs because i phoned them up previously enquiring about jobs and they told me about a future vacancy starting next month so they interviewed me and i got the job, as no one else had even known there was a vacany.
funkymunkey123
well in my local stores they didn't put any vacancies signs because i phoned them up previously enquiring about jobs and they told me about a future vacancy starting next month so they interviewed me and i got the job, as no one else had even known there was a vacany.

Thanks for your reply. I may try to phone them.
Reply 9
For anyone still wondering costa pays all team members minimum wage regardless of their age. However places analogous to airports will pay slightly more perhaps around £6.10 an hour.
Reply 10
Does that mean £3.64 for employees under 18? Just in your standard high street costa
Reply 11
Our costa usually gives everyone the same rate providing they are team members obviously team leaders etc get slightly more. It is usually a good idea to just ask about the wages and they are usually happy to share that with you. Whitbread is a good company to work for which is who ownes cota along with premier inn and various other restaurants. You get a privilage card after working for them for around 3 months which means you get 25% off various things. Costa is especially ideal for students and the majority of employees in my costa are students and they get transfers to our costa from they work at near home. So they usually allow you to go away to uni and work for the costa in that area and then go and work for another costa where you live and you can continue doing this for as long as you like. BTW my wages have just gone up to £6.20 an hour. There is also always the oportunity to progress within the company to become area managers etc once uni is finished. However i must note costa seems to be very popular for people to want to work at and we get tonnes of cv's and end up just putting them to one side, your best bet is to hand your cv in just before the start of the uni terms if it is near to a uni as students working there will be leaving if they are in there 3rd years, perhaps at the end of term around june too. Hope this helps:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
I got 6.21 when i started which went up to 6.31 when i turned 18. :smile:
I'm starting at Costa in about a months time.

I read on their website £6.38-£6.61...
im 17 and im on 4.30 an hour
£7.50 an hour i think
:cute:
i work at costa and 18th november it will be my 3th month working there.. and my pay is 6.31£ per hour... and after 3 months i think they will increase it..
Reply 17
Original post by cece_adwoa
i work at costa and 18th november it will be my 3th month working there.. and my pay is 6.31£ per hour... and after 3 months i think they will increase it..

If you don't mind me asking how old are you?
This is a bit irrelevant but can someone tell me if my chances of getting hired at costa would increase at all after completing a barista skills course at Eastleigh college?
Original post by KMcCaffrey
This is a bit irrelevant but can someone tell me if my chances of getting hired at costa would increase at all after completing a barista skills course at Eastleigh college?

Never in your nelly sunbeam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending