The Student Room Group

Applying for Diploma And Degree at same uni.......(+ rep available)

Hey guys, i would like to do the degree in adult nursing but would like to place a second choice at the same uni for the diploma aswell. This way i could in theory get an unconditional for the diploma as i already have the grades and a conditional for the degree. What i want to know is am i likely to get rejected from one or the other or do you think i would get both a conditional and unconditional from the same uni?

(this is assuming i would get an unconditional as i have more than enough GCSE's including the required 5)
Reply 1
JamesSmith220191
Hey guys, i would like to do the degree in adult nursing but would like to place a second choice at the same uni for the diploma aswell. This way i could in theory get an unconditional for the diploma as i already have the grades and a conditional for the degree. What i want to know is am i likely to get rejected from one or the other or do you think i would get both a conditional and unconditional from the same uni?

(this is assuming i would get an unconditional as i have more than enough GCSE's including the required 5)

hmm I always wondered about this!
They might ring you up and ask which one you would prefer to do?
I think the best option is to ring them and ask! As you don't want to waste one of your choices for nothing.

I applied for all four branches of nursing at one University and they rejected 3 straight away and I got an unconditional offer for adult nursing. So maybe its similar.. because they could have interviewed me for each one couldnt they?
Exactly thats what i thought. I really want to go there so was thing of using the degree as the firm and the diploma as the insurance.
Reply 3
mhmm I don't know if they will allow it though.. Because so many people apply for nursing they need all the spaces they can get and you would be taking up 2 spaces at that Uni...

I was thinking the same as you though...because I really wanted to go to Chester Uni & I applied for all 4 thinking that I could have one as a backup! but no.. as soon as they recieved my app they rejected 3 and just sent through an interview for Adult nursing.

If I was you just ring/email the Uni about it! :smile:
What has happened with myself and other applicants is that they'll give you an offer for the degree not the diploma and reject you, BUT many have found that if they missed the offer they get invited on the diploma anyway
JamesSmith220191

Hi JamesSmith220191
As long as you meet the academic requirements for both the said degree and diploma course at the same uni it wouldnt go against you and you would be defiantely considered for both nursing courses.You have to remember that most schools of nursing are not just looking at a applicants academic profile but also the personal statement,employment and so forth.
With regards to offers it would depend on a lot of factors if you got invited/shortlisted for interview and how well you preform on the day.Hope this helps you somewhat
:yep:
=]
=} =}

Latest