The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
maariah
Hii

well i have put down maths (not further maths) as one of my subjects and i wanted to know how are are the questions at AS level?

as in is it alot of algebra?

or is it more trionometry? and graphs and that side?

and is it similar to GCSE but just more advanced?

or is alooot harder?

and is it an A level many people get a A/B in??

http://www.freeexampapers.com/Dndex.php?d=QSBMZXZlbC9NYXRocw==&catagory=

Check out some past papers.

how the crap did you do GCSE maths at 11!!!!
Reply 3
Which exam board are you with?
Reply 4
thanks!

but oh gosh i cant do a single question!! :s-smilie:
Reply 5
and im with Edexcel
maariah
thanks!

no ****, you haven't started the course
Reply 7
what is the step up from gcse higher tier to as maths
Reply 8
maariah
thanks!

You haven't started learning it yet, don't worry about it! It's more advanced than gcse of course, but C1 and C2 are nice modules, and no doubt your teachers will give you all the help you need :smile:
Reply 9
_s_c_o_u_t_
how the crap did you do GCSE maths at 11!!!!

Idk lol :p:
maariah
thanks!

Check out the C1 papers - they're the smallest step up from GCSE. It's not expected to necessarily understand it without learning the content yet :p:
Reply 10
thecdon
what is the step up from gcse higher tier to as maths

That depends on how you found the gcse :p: I did the AS in maths in 4 months, then the A-level in the rest of the year. Loads of people manage the AS every year, even if maths isn't their strong point
Reply 11
yea true i havent but its still kinda worrying :s-smilie:

yea okay I will check out C1

BUT some of those questions expect essay answers woah.
Reply 12
and yea i found Maths okay at gcse but at the end of year 11 my teacher rushed us and the only thing i didnt understand properly was F(x)
I think you could get an A or a B at AS with pretty much no mathematical ability, A2 you need to be a little bit more natural with maths, unless you work really hard.
Reply 14
maariah
yea true i havent but its still kinda worrying :s-smilie:

yea okay I will check out C1

BUT some of those questions expect essay answers woah.

What? Essay answers? Where are you looking? If there are lots of marks for a question it's just expecting you to show more method. If looking at the exams is putting you off, stop fretting! All will be revealed when you start actually being taught it
Small123
Idk lol :p:

Check out the C1 papers - they're the smallest step up from GCSE. It's not expected to necessarily understand it without learning the content yet :p:

#its all about s1 and 2
:biggrin:
Reply 16
doggyfizzel
I think you could get an A or a B at AS with pretty much no mathematical ability, A2 you need to be a little bit more natural with maths, unless you work really hard.

I'm all for saying people are capable of maths but this is definitely an overstatement. Not just any old idiot could come along and take AS maths
Reply 17
doggyfizzel

oh okay thanks :smile:
Reply 18
Mcjazz
What? Essay answers? Where are you looking? If there are lots of marks for a question it's just expecting you to show more method. If looking at the exams is putting you off, stop fretting! All will be revealed when you start actually being taught it

oh right yea i guess i just saw all the lines.
okaay :smile:
Reply 19
_s_c_o_u_t_
#its all about s1 and 2
:biggrin:

Stats is boring and wordy :yep:

Latest