The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
don't worry at all. the course from what i've seen has got a lot of possible applicants this year from those i've been talking to.
apparently theres a lot of 2009 aswell.
if you have facebook, there a group for korean studies;
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=96522776021&ref=ts

:smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
starhae
don't worry at all. the course from what i've seen has got a lot of possible applicants this year from those i've been talking to.
apparently theres a lot of 2009 aswell.
if you have facebook, there a group for korean studies;
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=96522776021&ref=ts

:smile:

I love your sig!

Yunho.. :woo:
Reply 3
KumakoXsd
I love your sig!

Yunho.. :woo:

hes such a cutie no? :p:
Reply 4
geong1101
hes not cute! hes bloody HOT

he has his cute side too. and yes, indeed is bloody hot :wink:
well i want to study linguistics and korean because i want to teach english in korea! but generally i'd love to be able to speak another language and study korea it looks prettty fascinating :smile:)
and yeah i agree he is hot!
Reply 6
I went to the open day and it's not going to get dropped! =]

Emily I am basically goin for the same career path but I want to expand it as the years go on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4FQHbmBWZY Wish this was me!!! il bak I!!!! xD not sure if it's a g or k for romanization really.
ooh good! :smile: ah how are you going to expand it?! the TEFL courses look so good, with the free apartments and stuff but after a few years i don't know what to do next!
aww that video wont load on my laptop! :frown: i think its k when its in the beginning and end position, and g when its in the middle of a word?! i might be wrong :tongue:
Reply 8
Heyhey everyone. :smile: I'm also going in for the Korean Studies at Sheffield this year -- I went to the Open Day and it looks really great! :biggrin: I asked at the Open Day about numbers for Korean Studies and there are apparently six students studying it this year. :^)
Reply 9
unrelated post really but yunho is my least favourite member of DBSK...
emilyameliarose
ooh good! :smile: ah how are you going to expand it?! the TEFL courses look so good, with the free apartments and stuff but after a few years i don't know what to do next!
aww that video wont load on my laptop! :frown: i think its k when its in the beginning and end position, and g when its in the middle of a word?! i might be wrong :tongue:

I could go and study further to involve myself into translating and interpretation in businesses and the airline business
Further my status and academia for an English school
Go and take further Korean and train to become a Korean teacher in Japan, China or any countries that are intersted!
Do research and further contributing books on something which I o not know yet....

I have yet to find myself a true pinpoint on the part of Korea I'd like to emerse myself but I'm sure that when I get tos tudy and work in Korea I will find it and if I don't I'll jsut continue happily teaching English in highschools haha.

If I come to really love Linguistics I may even try take the path my fathers old friend did. He became a Professor of Linguistics in some University in China! :yep:

My sister reminds me I must be realistics to my ability so I try not to think leaps and bounds ahead and just a nice old skip. It'll be easier than now when I am finally in, but it'll still be incredibly hard!
Reply 11
siqiniq
Heyhey everyone. :smile: I'm also going in for the Korean Studies at Sheffield this year -- I went to the Open Day and it looks really great! :biggrin: I asked at the Open Day about numbers for Korean Studies and there are apparently six students studying it this year. :^)

six? are you joking me? they told us it was full :/ surely they are looking for more people rather than letting it become full at six. quite annoying indeed.
Reply 12
starhae
six? are you joking me? they told us it was full :/ surely they are looking for more people rather than letting it become full at six. quite annoying indeed.

That's totally crazy. :/ If six people is a 'full' course, then I'm worried about my chances of being accepted. I just wonder now how many places they have on the course...
Reply 13
siqiniq
That's totally crazy. :/ If six people is a 'full' course, then I'm worried about my chances of being accepted. I just wonder now how many places they have on the course...

me too. i was so upset when i read about it. because i know 3 people who got rejected (myself including) and 2 who got deffered. it doesn't make sense at all. you would think they would be happy with the extra people comparing them to the classes japanese have
siqiniq

If you were the guy I was sitting behind you :biggrin: If you were the girl I was sitting across the room from you :yep:
i'm sure the whole course can't just be for up to 6 people?! if anything i'd expect them to get as many as necessary!

although, they lowered the grade boundaries this year so they must be encouraging more people to join it, and make it easier for us to get the grades :tongue: so that's a plus side :smile:

ah you have loads of good ideas about what to do with korean, i wasn't sure how many things i could actually do without aside from teaching! :smile:
Reply 16
OhYumMilk
If you were the guy I was sitting behind you :biggrin: If you were the girl I was sitting across the room from you :yep:

Heehee, I'm 'the guy'! How spooky awesome! :^)
so are all you guys applying for 2010 korean? :smile:
siqiniq
That's totally crazy. :/ If six people is a 'full' course, then I'm worried about my chances of being accepted.

Say hello to the total number of Japanese language exchange students at my university in Japan. Oh the joys...
Reply 19
emilyameliarose
so are all you guys applying for 2010 korean? :smile:

Yep, I definitely definitely am! :woo:

I'm also applying to SOAS for Korean; I can't decide whether SOAS or Sheffield is better! :^) Are you all applying to the SOAS Korean course as well?

I'm in Scotland, though, so I think I have a different situation than most people regarding entry grades (i.e. I've already got my exam results which I'll use to apply to uni) because of the Scottish exam system.

Latest

Trending

Trending