The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Willa
i'd be suprised if you ended up actively participating in all of those. Most people will tend to be part of no more than 2 sport based clubs and 1 other form of recreation club.

Are you being serious? That's nothing! What does everyone do all day?!
Reply 21
Ticki

The scientists are gonna killllll you :p:
Reply 22
Hmmm... My 'Short'list:

Rowing
Orchestras (various)
Concert band
Ceildhi band
Real Tennis
RATS
Canoe
Tennis?
Squash?
Assassins
Orienteering?
Cycling
Engineering socs
Fairtrade

...and more than I can remember - not going to happen though :eek:
Reply 23
What does anyone reckon to "The Union"? Some of it sounds quite good - the speakers etc. but is it really worth it? - Is it as much of a debating society as a platform for those with political intentions (i.e. lunatics :rolleyes:)?
Reply 24
You would need to take a degree in extra-curriculars (a contradiction in terms!?) to do all that, especially as a scientist!! :rolleyes:
Hmm, I was thinking of trying the ballroom/Latin American dancing classes at the CDC, but I'm not sure. I need to find out about the other societies/clubs available.
Reply 26
:idea: Would I pass as incredibly sad If I said the Maths and science societies?

W.
Reply 27
Yes! Sit in the corner and look suitably contrite!
Reply 28
Ticki

i'm talking about regular participation in the clubs. You can't really expect to do more than 2 sports reasonably regularly can you? (they advise you do a max of 1 if you're a scientist!). And then I reckon there's only time for one other thing on top of that. Or you could do one sport and two other recreational club things regularly.

At all other times people work and get drunk!

Seriously, are you suggesting people do more than that!!?? Cos I don't know anyone who actively participates in more than 3 clubs!
Assasins sounds a bit juvenile does it not? Ach well...

Hmm.. I'm thinking of doing a sport, possibly rowing, not really sure...

And a funny club. Where everyone laughs :biggrin:
Reply 30
PhilipGarsed
What does anyone reckon to "The Union"? Some of it sounds quite good - the speakers etc. but is it really worth it? - Is it as much of a debating society as a platform for those with political intentions (i.e. lunatics :rolleyes:)?

Cambridge has little of the political controversy of Oxford. The students are generally quite apathetic; it's easy to speak in a main debate, and there are regular debating workshops. The debates are often amusing or diverting.
Reply 31
Join CICCU: everyone in the entire university will love you :wink:
Reply 32
Christian Union? I would so get one of their hoodies, deface it and then proudly wear it!
Reply 33
Football and possibly athletics.
Reply 34
JaF
Football and possibly athletics.

I like your house Joe :wink:
Reply 35
PhilipGarsed

It's very convenient for the city centre.
Reply 36
I want to Join the Union... but i am quite political so i'll be joining the labour party too
Zarathustra
Assassins :cool:

fred86
noooooo social suicide!!

Matters not to me :wink:

*bang*

ZarathustraX
Reply 38
JaF
It's very convenient for the city centre.

and watching bumps :smile:.
Reply 39
PhilipGarsed

Stalker?! :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending