The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObpMP6zYv8c
''no because your family are poor'' accuratly represents the college in real life ,but its a shame the rest is about as exciting as watching paint dry
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Oh that life at Royal Holloway was anything like that depicted in 'Trinity'. Whilst externally, Royal Holloway's Founder's Building has now become a cliched setting as a public school or Oxbridge College or suchlike, internally, it is all drafty corridors, fire doors, stairs, more corridors and stairs and yet more fire doors and stairs.

It's a rather functional and domestic feel, not one of opulence, despite its 'exclusive' reputation of recent years. There are no teddy bears and prancing around nude in Founder's hallowed corridors would not only be medically inadvisable but also result in being 'sent down'. To Medicine, that is.
Reply 22
bit harsh guys! I for one adore Founders and watching it in Trinity is really cool, especially when you've lived there.
Aren't there any other 'colleges' in the so-called Bridgeford University? A library, lectures, tutorials? Are they all studying anatomy or do any study arts? There is certainly no lab in Founders (other than the kitchen).

It's a pastiche of Brideshead, Midsommer Murders and Harry Potter.

Did the person that wrote this twaddle ever attend university?
Reply 24
Founders has it's faults but it's been pretty cool I think. My room is really big and there is so much character. The furniture is pretty good too, and I love how spacious the corridors are and the staircases are stunning. But admittedly the interiors on Trinity are a bit more Hotel Bayblon than Founders.

There isn't 'a continent' between a Slough trading estate and the Arts Building or Bourne Lab. Sadly, beyond Founder's the planners at RH lost the will to live around 1970. :mad:
Reply 26
I've been watching it, and despite it actually being the most cheesy thing since the invention of a cheese platter, it's peculiarly addictive!

Which reminds me, I must watch last nights episode on ITV Player.

Gotta love the strange, predictable twists! Although tis very odd how the inside isn't actually Founders!
I'm having a job telling Dorian and the Holloway quad statues apart. The latter have more acting ability for sure.
Reply 28
Varsity2009
There isn't 'a continent' between a Slough trading estate and the Arts Building or Bourne Lab. Sadly, beyond Founder's the planners at RH lost the will to live around 1970. :mad:

I quite like the windsor building and the international building though. But the science buildings are a bit of a letdown.
The eyesore known as 'The Hub' is thankfully the last remnant of Holloway's notorious 1960s halls of residence.
With the exception of Kingswood 1.
Reply 31
Awww...leave Kingswood 1 alone - it's lovely *gives it a big hug*
Lol it was alright, though the people made it really.
Watching the online preview, I was disappointed with the repetition of the 'Save the project, save the Dandelion club' tagline and the general lack of a plot development and some depth to the characters.

Still no lectures, no library no seminars, the writers seem to have had a reasonable scenario (albeit derived from Midsommer Murders, Harry Potter, Tom Brown's Schooldays, etc.) but laboured at just where the characters, story and plot were meant to go after the series opener.
Reply 34
Come on, this series is brilliant! It makes very little sense, the actors are poor and the characters seem to randomly do things on a whim. But that's what makes it great! It's like aeroplane food- you KNOW it's bad and made out of rubbish, and yet you still can't help but enjoy it.

In my case, anyway. Plus I love gawking at Founder's.
This is still limping on then. Any views?

I hope they'll repeat it on ITV1 at Xmas. Might seem more entertaining after a few Baileys.

The lake and temple were not at RH. Do you know the location used?
Has everyone given up on this? The latest episode wasn't much better. How long will it drag on?
I keep watching it, for the novelty more than anything else. I'd be surprised if there was a 2nd series!
It doesn't move beyond pre-pubescent 'jokes' about private parts and bonking and the 'plot' seems 'made up' as it goes along.

They seem to have got the idea of the posh boys' club set in Founders from Midsommer Murders and tried to base a series around it but failed miserably.

It promised a sumptuous, glittering Founder's Feast but after some spritely early moments has offered a thin Fools' gruel as appetising as last year's Xmas turkey leftovers.
The final episode failed to salvage this mess of a pastiche. It could never make its mind up whether to be a rip-off of Doctor Who or a poor man's Brideshead. Wooden 'acting' and a threadbare plot peppered with cringe-making toilet 'humour'.

We never did find out what the 'project' was meant to be other than a sub-Doctor Who scheme to 'save the world'. Who cares? A summary of the plot: a few 'posh' stiffs rubbing shoulders with a load of naff plebs - ha ha!

It was conceited enough to beg a sequel but did nothing to earn one.

Utter rubbish!

Latest

Trending

Trending