The Student Room Group
Ultimately it depends on a number of things.

Where your living and living costs
How much student finance you can get
how much you can get off parents etc
how much you can earn part time

Being older chances are you are better with your money and more "streetwise" when it comes to part time jobs etc so you may be able to spend less and potentially earn a bit more than your average 18 year old niave teen just entering the real world.

You might also be able to get payment holidays on loan or while your still in full time employment consolidate into a better rate loan so you pay less monthly or you can scrimp and save now to pay them off before you go.

Youve got quite a lot of ways to do things.
Reply 2
As Warren says it depends on a whole lot of factors and everyones situation will be slightly different.

I've given up a really well paid career to go full time so it's a big shock, but my wife has a good job and I have found part time work to fit around uni so we're not doing too bad.

Our biggest outlay is the mortgage and we were lucky to be debt free apart from that.

Because of my wifes salary I got the full grant amount so that helped with the fees.

Apart from that we have just had to look at our finances and cut out wastage and be more careful about what we spend our money on - which is not a bad thing, we wasted so much money before.

I haven't had to take a student loan at the moment, but it's an option for you if you need it.

Latest

Trending

Trending