The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 1
aninache
Hi, does anyone know what the food is like at Harcourt hill halls? and the life there in general?

I lived there last year so feel free to ask me any specifics.

The food is......edible. Just imagine try-hard school-canteen food! but you get a full plate and stuff so you won't go hungry!
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
Im also going there so i have a question or two! ..Is it easy to get back from town after a night out? what time is the last bus? And whats it like there? Is it as bad as some people suggest?
Reply 3
KOL1
Im also going there so i have a question or two! ..Is it easy to get back from town after a night out? what time is the last bus? And whats it like there? Is it as bad as some people suggest?

Right, the buses have changed company since last year the timetables may have changed, but last year it was pretty simple. Wednesdays and Fridays were late bus days, where the last bus was half 2 ish. on normal days the last bus is midnightish. Other than that, taxis from say park end, where a lot of the clubs are, would be about £12 - so between 5 it's not that bad. From Cowley it's a little bit more.
Hope that helps.

'As bad as everyone says' - no. The community there is excellent. By the end of your stay i would say you would know at least half the people there. It's a real community. :smile: plus....you get the hugest rooms of the whole uni! If you're in Y Block you seriously could fit like 2 double beds in. :biggrin:
Reply 4
Lupie
I lived there last year so feel free to ask me any specifics.

The food is......edible. Just imagine try-hard school-canteen food! but you get a full plate and stuff so you won't go hungry!

Hey, thanks for that. Im goin to be studying in headington campus...do u know, roughly, how long it takes on the bus from harcourt to headington?
Reply 5
aninache
Hey, thanks for that. Im goin to be studying in headington campus...do u know, roughly, how long it takes on the bus from harcourt to headington?

The buses have changed companies and stuff this year so my experiences may not be mega accurate, but an average of about half an hour. Less on a good day, way more during rush hour. Plus we had major road works going on just above campus which delayed all the traffic, so if those are completed then they'll be alot better!
Reply 6
If you get on side of the Refectory staff you'll be sorted. Trust me, I worked there for 5 years.
Reply 7
Lupie
Right, the buses have changed company since last year the timetables may have changed, but last year it was pretty simple. Wednesdays and Fridays were late bus days, where the last bus was half 2 ish. on normal days the last bus is midnightish. Other than that, taxis from say park end, where a lot of the clubs are, would be about £12 - so between 5 it's not that bad. From Cowley it's a little bit more.
Hope that helps.

'As bad as everyone says' - no. The community there is excellent. By the end of your stay i would say you would know at least half the people there. It's a real community. :smile: plus....you get the hugest rooms of the whole uni! If you're in Y Block you seriously could fit like 2 double beds in. :biggrin:

£12 a taxi?! SOunds like you've been shafted! I only ever pay £7 for a taxi back from town to Cotuit!
Reply 8
smilee172
£12 a taxi?! SOunds like you've been shafted! I only ever pay £7 for a taxi back from town to Cotuit!

p.s. ignore that comment! i opened up a tab about cotuit hall at the same time so thought i was reading about taxis to cotuit! d'oh!

Latest

Trending

Trending