The Student Room Group
They are both dull subjects at A-level but quite interesting at degree level. Neither is particularly challenging academically.
what do you want to study at uni?
Reply 3
do psycology
Law A level is such an eye roll. All the people who arent that bright do it thinking its a really smart subject to do when really its rubbish.

plus psycology will compliment your sciences, particually biology
Reply 4
something in the health care field like medicien or dentistry
matt_wf
Law A level is such an eye roll. All the people who arent that bright do it thinking its a really smart subject to do when really its rubbish.

i beg to differ but lets not turn the thread into the debate about law a-level.
OP, i do both subjects and in terms of what you want to study at uni and your other subjects i recommend you do psychology (:
Do literature, further maths, history or a foreign language.
Humy786
something in the health care field like medicien or dentistry

As you have biology and chem already on your list then it doesn't matter which others you take. Pick whichever interests you.
There is quite a bit of overlap between bio and psycholgy. The theory of pyschology is easy to understand, its just being able to remember every single detail of it and all the case studies, experiements and evaluation etc.
Reply 9
I've done both at A level, and while I find them both challenging I'd say Psychology was harder, but only because there was SO much to learn, the amount of stuff you need to know is crazy so If you're not particularly good as recalling vast amounts of information I'd say do Law, but then for Law you need to know the info and apply it, plus a lot of case examples to illustrate.
Some colleges have a really useful tool which lets you respond to content on each course you're considering. It helps you which you'd be more motivated in. Very good.
It's called Options, it's provided by colleges, and probably schools, by Options Education. Ask whether your school or college has it. Check it out.

All the best
GP

Latest