The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

I presume we have a chance to move before our first payment is due so that would be OK.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 21
captainedgar
The accommodation I got: Jack Martin
The accommodation I want: Jack Martin

*rubs it in*

How mean of you...

The accommodation I got: Heronbank
The accommodation I want: Heronbank

lol...I guess I'm being mean too
Reply 22
The accommodation I got: Rootes
The accommodation I want: Anything ensuite or quieter than Rootes, but preferably en suite.
Reply 23
The accommodation I got: Westwood
The accommodation I want: anything 30 weeks
TheTallOne
No. If you illegally swap, you will receive a financial penalty.

OP has new details.

If we have to go through a transfer list is there much point in arranging it between ourselves as I'd imagine we just get matched up with other people who want to swap - or am I confused?
Reply 25
Got: Rootes.

Want: Cryfield.
Reply 26
owenjoski
Hmmm i reckon if u both when to acc office on the first sunday they would let you swap. And are u doing maths TheTallOne?

I have sent the accommodation guys an email so should get a definite answer on this.
Reply 27
TMDaines
If we have to go through a transfer list is there much point in arranging it between ourselves as I'd imagine we just get matched up with other people who want to swap - or am I confused?

Pair up and discuss it with Accommodation. Maybe if they have two people both wanting to swap then it could be made a priority :dontknow:
sk8mash
I have sent the accommodation guys an email so should get a definite answer on this.

Great! I would love to know the answer of this too.
Reply 29
TMDaines
Great! I would love to know the answer of this too.

Same!
Reply 30
Wow, wonder why so many are abandoning Rootes.

Does blacktoenails_ want "Tocil / Whitefields / Benefactors" or "Rootes / Benefactors / Whitefields"? :wink:
Reply 31
blueshirt

Does blacktoenails_ want "Tocil / Whitefields / Benefactors" or "Rootes / Benefactors / Whitefields"? :wink:

Whoops...
Reply 32
captainedgar
The accommodation I got: Jack Martin
The accommodation I want: Jack Martin

*rubs it in*

LOL
owenjoski
I got rootes 39 will swap for ANYTHING LOL.

That is a crime.
owenjoski
Hmmm i reckon if u both when to acc office on the first sunday they would let you swap. And are u doing maths TheTallOne?

They really wont. They have enough to be dealing with that weekend. Mainly housing 3500 freshers..

===
Freshers it does not happen very often. And you are basically abandoning the accommodation friends you will have spent 3 weeks becoming very good friends with. :s-smilie: Trust me when I say 80% of you wont feel the same way after you move in. So wait and give it a chance yeah?
Reply 33
blueshirt

Lots of people are jumping ship on Rootes... I think it's last-minute nerves, suddenly thinking 'omg people are going to be loud and confident' and it's frightening when you're feeling nervous and vulnerable... I think it'll be OK. More than OK, even. I think if we revisited this thread 3 weeks into term when everyone's settled it will all be much less tumultous.
Reply 34
The accommodation I got: Westwood
The accommodation I want: Jack Martin, Arthur Vick, Tocil, also any other offers are welcome
j_owen90
Lots of people are jumping ship on Rootes... I think it's last-minute nerves, suddenly thinking 'omg people are going to be loud and confident' and it's frightening when you're feeling nervous and vulnerable... I think it'll be OK. More than OK, even. I think if we revisited this thread 3 weeks into term when everyone's settled it will all be much less tumultous.

I seriously can't imagine most of these people actually being able to swap.
Reply 36
Deadly Lightshade

They are able to. But it costs £35 (each?). Whether they will come October - I doubt most will.
Deadly Lightshade

I have got five or six Rootes people alone asking to swap for my Heronbank. I'm looking for a new Rootes preferably.
Reply 38
TMDaines
I have got five or six Rootes people alone asking to swap for my Heronbank. I'm looking for a new Rootes preferably.

This is honestly so weird. No offence to Heronbank but it..
Never mind.
Rootes is ******* awesome.
Reply 39
Chrrye
This is honestly so weird. No offence to Heronbank but it..
Never mind.
Rootes is ******* awesome.

THANK you. I was starting to feel really worried (on top of the normal anxieties!) because so many people seem to be ready to camp out in the field rather than live in Rootes. It will be FINE. I'm REALLY shy, find meeting new people terrifying and am a tiny wee bit obsessive about sharing bathrooms - and I'm optimistic, because I know uni will be what >we< make of it. Not what building we're in.

If my 'original perfect plan' had worked out, I'd be going to Oxford right now.

As it happens, I'm so effing glad I'm not. I'm looking forward to Warwick 10,000 times more than I would be Oxford.

Things happen for a reason :smile:

Edited to say: I made myself sound really appealing there.. Ahem. What I meant was, we're all different, we're all in it together to a certain extent - we might have to make changes and broaden our safety nets but that's the point, right?

Latest