The Student Room Group

Have I Screwed up?

In my English exman today i did question 5 where you had to write a guide, for people who have just moves to your area. I think I may have made a mistake becasue I put in some pretty crappy jokes that may not go down well. They were:

1) The place where i live is so good that even the pidgeons come here to die.

2) Dont be put off by the fact that the headteacher of the local secondary school smells of dried in cats urine (only joking).

Do you think that I will be severely affected by this? I mean do you tihnk I will get less marks or a lower grade?
Reply 1
Well u might get marks for originality! :wink:
Reply 2
and i might get a D for being arragant but i did do it for the right reasons (i thought it should be freindly) and i sort of based it on CGP revision guide
Reply 3
lol no, they cant mark you down for it, might not mark you up, but because of the humour, which may attract some people then you may get marked up
Reply 4
thinktank
In my English exman today i did question 5 where you had to write a guide, for people who have just moves to your area. I think I may have made a mistake becasue I put in some pretty crappy jokes that may not go down well. They were:

1) The place where i live is so good that even the pidgeons come here to die.

2) Dont be put off by the fact that the headteacher of the local secondary school smells of dried in cats urine (only joking).

Do you think that I will be severely affected by this? I mean do you tihnk I will get less marks or a lower grade?

*blinks* Well, they're certainly.. unusual, but I doubt you'll be marked down for them, or at least anythign significant enough to change the grade. In fact, the examiner will probably find it amusing - the poor guy will have been marking scripts that all look the same, and yours will stand out at least. :biggrin:
Reply 5
well my Mum and my older Sister arent so sure
Reply 6
lets just hope i dont get some right wing conservative then
Reply 7
i know if u use any offensive language you are automatically given zero, but in ur case if u will be alright, as long as it helps persuade the reader.
Reply 8
please, dont be so upset about your past examination. Even if u did bad, you cant change anything except concentrating on other exams. Now try to revise for you history exam tomorrow, if you ve got one or revise hard for English paper 2 exam. This is the only solution no to screw things up.
Reply 9
problem is that i keep doing stupid stuff like this in the exam
Reply 10
Hehe for my english exam I referred to Joseph as the long lost relative of the Addams family. A journalist has to rely on wit to draw his audience so you shouldn't worry :-)
Reply 11
like i said as long as the person marking it isnt a complete arse is ok i should be ok
Reply 12
lol! did u really say that?!!? wot posesessed u to say that?. maybe they will give u more marks coz they will be bored or reading every1s then suddenly laugh lol.
Reply 13
yes i really WROTE that and i did it because at the time i though i would use sarcasm and comedy to back up my points
Reply 14
Hey everyone
First off i found what you wrote funny!
second, I wrote AGAINST driving lessons in school cos i misread the question. I'm pretty good at English, so if i assume i got 25/27 for section B on a normal day, what am i likely to get now. I argued both sides well but my conlcusion was against them.

thanks

fayyaz
The line about the headteacher is dumb.

Latest