The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

HW: Enrolment

I've got my enrolment on Thurs and Friday of this week, but as of yet I've not received my confirmation of payment from SAAS (who pay my fees). Do I need this confirmation? If so, I'll need to get on the phone to them tomorrow.

Also, for the 'Online Enrolment' does anyone (who has already went through the process) know how long it takes - it says 15mins in the book but is this realistic? I need to know what time my mum needs to get back to pick me up :wink: - I am staying at home.

PS I'm enrolling for Software Engineering so will be in:

Pre-Enrolment Meeting @ 11-12 in EM2.44

Enrolment Event @ 1630-1700 in James Watt 2

PS: god knows where they buildings are - hope they are well signposted :wink::biggrin:

Cheers
Marc
Hi I'm currently a freshers helper at the university at the moment so I decided that I would take time out and try to answer some of your questions.
You don't need confirmation immediately at registration for SAAS/SLC but you will be put down as self financed until you can bring a letter from SAAS to the finance office in the Lord Balerno building. You can do this up to 28 days after registering.
Registration usually takes as long as you need to take but 15 minutes seems like a reasonable estimate.
EM2.44 is the Earl Mountbatten building situated near the back of the campus. As for James Watt Centre 2, it is situated to the right of the main entrance of the university. There are campus maps situated around the main building that can help you find your way but if you feel a little bit lost come down to the freshers helpdesk between the student shop and the RBS branch in the Hugh Nesbit Building and we'll happily help you find your way :yep: .
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
mfraser
I've got my enrolment on Thurs and Friday of this week, but as of yet I've not received my confirmation of payment from SAAS (who pay my fees). Do I need this confirmation? If so, I'll need to get on the phone to them tomorrow.

Also, for the 'Online Enrolment' does anyone (who has already went through the process) know how long it takes - it says 15mins in the book but is this realistic? I need to know what time my mum needs to get back to pick me up :wink: - I am staying at home.

PS I'm enrolling for Software Engineering so will be in:

Pre-Enrolment Meeting @ 11-12 in EM2.44

Enrolment Event @ 1630-1700 in James Watt 2

PS: god knows where they buildings are - hope they are well signposted :wink::biggrin:

Cheers
Marc

1st answer no u dont need the letter once u receive it take it to the finance office most people dont apply to saas until jan wen there skint

2nd answer it does usually take less mines took 4 mins 32 secs :biggrin: aslong as u have a passport picture on your computer / email/usb for ure student card
if u dont u will have to wait in a queue to get ure picture taken this could take from 2 mins to 45mins

3rd answer the signpostings are crap on ma enrollment day a was there 1hr early but took me 40 mins to find building best advice ask the nice people at the reception

ps the enrolment just tells u who ure supervisors are etc
Reply 3
azzi

3rd answer the signpostings are crap on ma enrollment day a was there 1hr early but took me 40 mins to find building best advice ask the nice people at the reception

Thats me :smile:

Plus once you get used to campus everything kinda hubs of from hugh nesbitt.
Reply 4
GoblinSoul
If it only takes about 5-15 minutes, then I'm wondering why they've split each enrolment part into two sections with a big gap in-between them. Personally, I'll be taking two buses tomorrow to get there, and it seems as though I'll be standing around for a few hours between each part. (Minus lunch of coarse).

the two enrollments are different

the first enrollment is for every new student this is where youll get your student id etc and fill out any forms also think you have to take a second id form but cant remebr this is for all new students

the second enrollment is with your course leader where theyll introduce you to everyone eg lectureres councillors this will be just for the people on your course

also trust me theyll be people in a similar boat and youll end up making at least one freind within 10 mins of arriving at enrollment so dont worry :smile:
Reply 5
Wootz
Thats me :smile:

Plus once you get used to campus everything kinda hubs of from hugh nesbitt.

trust me when a say dont worry everyone gets lost the amount of times av sat in the wrong lecture hall am not the first and defo not goane be the last :biggrin:

a still dont know all the building name
azzi
trust me when a say dont worry everyone gets lost the amount of times av sat in the wrong lecture hall am not the first and defo not goane be the last :biggrin:

For what it's worth, timetables are now posted on every room door :wink:.

OP - if you have the letter take it along tomorrow - if not, take it to the Finance office as described.
Reply 7
sandettielightvessel
For what it's worth, timetables are now posted on every room door :wink:.

only helps if you know the module name :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending