The Student Room Group

What Careers Would Ir Lead To?

Hi! I'm starting my A2 courses this week and I still havent decided what to study in university. I'm struggling to choose between International relations and psychology. At the moment the look of IR looks more interesting to me. But I'm not sure of the career options it would lead to. Please can anyone who already started the course or completed it respond. thanks xxx
Reply 1
Typical carreers would be the diplomatic service, you could work for the government, for IGOs and NGOs, but it also opens you a lot of doors in the business world.
Reply 2
fg08
Typical carreers would be the diplomatic service, you could work for the government, for IGOs and NGOs, but it also opens you a lot of doors in the business world.

Thanks for the reply!
At the moment I study A2's in
English Language and Literature
Psychology
RS (Ethics and philosophy)
I did GCSE history and haven't really been into politics until recently. So is politics heavily involved in this course?
Reply 3
kha-jay
Thanks for the reply!
At the moment I study A2's in
English Language and Literature
Psychology
RS (Ethics and philosophy)
I did GCSE history and haven't really been into politics until recently. So is politics heavily involved in this course?

Depends where you study it, of course IR will involve politics, at Edinburgh for example, the first two years is Politics and IR, 3 and 4 is solely IR.

Latest

Trending

Trending