The Student Room Group

Hard decision about taking subject tests or SAT1

Hey guys, this is my last year in a levels and my predicted grades are ABB or ABC(maths,phy,chem), and i plan to apply to north american uni`s, I took SAT in may, and to be honest my result was bad(i knew it would be bad, and planned to retake it sometime in late 2009). howver i was also planning to take the subject tests, (maths2 and physcs). so i will register for these tests for november and, SAT for december (or jan23rd), however im not sure which sat to take first, because some application deadlines are in december, so i wont be able to send my sat1 better score immediately. im panicking nowadays about this. I will be calling uni`s soon howver i just wanted you guys to help so i can be sure what to do,.

info(i plan to apply to some prestigious uni`s like texas a&m, georgia IT etc)

so in other words, should i take the SAT2s on november and retake the SAT1 on another time and send the scores later(after deadline if i cant hurry up enough)

geez i never thought it would be this complicated :s
Reply 1
in about ten minutes i will be registering for the SAT2s on november, and resit SAT on december the 5th,
i will also get the TOEFEL in december,
me and a friend started working our butts of these days along with a levels :biggrin:

so anyone think that im doing sth wrong?

any help will be appreciated
thanks!
Reply 2
aniltr
in about ten minutes i will be registering for the SAT2s on november, and resit SAT on december the 5th,
i will also get the TOEFEL in december,
me and a friend started working our butts of these days along with a levels :biggrin:

so anyone think that im doing sth wrong?

any help will be appreciated
thanks!

That should be fine, I would have re-sat the SAT in november though. I am learning the process too though so don't hold me to it!
Do they not offer the SAT in October? They do here. Granted, I know its a seperate country and all, but still. Seems like they would offer it in October.
Reply 4
Hello guys ive made a huge progress in terms of university research, im planning to apply to Pennstate, Michigan state, Texas A&M, Gatech, virginia tech, purdue and couple of more that im still researching about , what really made me dissapointed is the fact that most of the unis, even in canada will not review my SAT subject test scores, they told me that they arent necessary so they wont even look at my results, i made a wrong choice by immediately registering to these tests, maths 2 and physics. i also cannot cancel these tests( non refundable), so i guess i will sit them or maybe change to SAT1 if it is possible to do that.

Please give me some ideas, any ideas will be appreciated.
thanks to all!

Latest