The Student Room Group

argos christmas temp

I just picked up an application form for argos and i wondered how much they pay?

Scroll to see replies

Presume its about £5.50. I handed in my app yesterday, you?
Reply 2
£5.24 if under 18, £6.04 over 18
when do we hear back from them?
im givin ma tmw
I work in a London store and am on £5.76 while being 16. Over 18 is £6.04 I believe.

I was took on in November in the end, so give it time and you'll probably hear back.
Someone I know that works in Argos gets £5.06 (under 18).
Reply 7
Outside London, Its £5.06 for under 18's and £5.88 for over 18's. Also on sundays you get paid time and a half so if your over 18, then its £8.82 :wink:
Reply 8
Thelastbubble
I work in a London store and am on £5.76 while being 16. Over 18 is £6.04 I believe.

I was took on in November in the end, so give it time and you'll probably hear back.

do you know when they stop recruiting for xmas?
are their hours fixed or on rota?

thx
Argos are quite quick at responding I handed my application in last Saturday they called me the next day and I got an interview and now I have a job there. They pay well I am going to be getting £6.72.
Mine still haven't called me and it's been about 2 weeks.
Reply 11
Hippysnake
Mine still haven't called me and it's been about 2 weeks.

I would've been on the dog several days ago.
So you all just went into the store and asked for vacancies? The website doesn't say much.
Yes just go in and ask for a chrtismas temp application form and also attach your cv to it and thry should get back to you within two weeks if they want to interview you it can be quicker as they only took a day with my one.
Reply 14
Okay just wondering if anyone can tell me what happens at an argos interview.

I have already attended an assessment and have passed but they want me to go in and do a one to one interview.

So does anyone know what sort of questions they ask?
I handed in my Christmas Temp form precisely 17 days ago and ive heard nothing back yet :frown:
I did ask one of my friends on sunday who works at argos what's happening with the recruitment and they told me that they were getting back to applicant within the next few days.
2 days down, heard nothing though :frown:
LucyJane
Okay just wondering if anyone can tell me what happens at an argos interview.

I have already attended an assessment and have passed but they want me to go in and do a one to one interview.

So does anyone know what sort of questions they ask?

At my one to one interview it was quite informal and I was asked about myself and what I am doing at the moment the only question about argos I had was what can I bring to argos.
By the way, don't be expecting much soon. My stores temps were recruited in November last year, and we're only in September!

Who ever got the job, that store most likely needed staff.
Reply 18
I'm considering applying, can anyone give me an idea of what it's like to work there?
Reply 19
I was at a Part Time job fair at the uni today and handed in my application there with a CV attached (only a couple of hours ago!) There were hundreds of application forms in his pile so I'm really surprised that he phoned me about 10 mins ago asking if I can go to an Interview tomorrow :smile: He must barely have had time to get back into the store! Anyone know what to expect?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending