The Student Room Group

argos christmas temp

Scroll to see replies

I want to apply for Christmas temp jobs but I'm leaving for uni next weekend - do you think it would be ok if I asked to be interviewed at a different store when I applied, or would I just say that if I was phoned and asked to go to an interview?
Does any one know when u are likely to get a reply from argos. I live in London and have heard nothing after 2.5 weeks, and I applied to so many stores.
Reply 22
Applied for a many argos stores aswell haven't heard nothing yet hopefully they will reply..........
Yeah i applied for Argos at many stores, but nothing come up im thinking they got no vaccaine.
Reply 24
im from scotland and i worked at argos last christmas. handed application form in, in september and didnt hear anything till november :redface: had basically given up hope. i worked from november to february as they couldnt afford to keep me on but i loved it there! made some great friends and the work was good. running around the stock room frantically to helping at the customer collection points and eventually i learnt how to work the tills. overall a really good job with good pay, applied again this year but im also looking for other jobs!
Reply 25
do you have to hand in your cv with the application form
Reply 26
sdubz

i didnt
sdubz

You don't have to, but the worker in Argos asked me if I had one on me so I gave one to them.
i cant believe i have't heard anyfing frm them yet.
bengalisoldier
i cant believe i have't heard anyfing frm them yet.

Have you spoken to someone at the store yet? If you haven't I would do that ASAP. :smile:
i handed mine in about 4 weeks ago and only just got a phone call to ask me if i can attend an interview :smile:
Reply 31
Best of luck to all those who have got an interview! :smile:

I'm on the lookout for a temp xmas job and completely forgot about the Argos stores. Do you think it's too late to apply now?
Reply 32
Sir Malc
Best of luck to all those who have got an interview! :smile:

I'm on the lookout for a temp xmas job and completely forgot about the Argos stores. Do you think it's too late to apply now?

Don't think so, there's still a sign on my local shop and I was told by a girl at the till that they're recruiting at this very time. I applied yesterday :wink:
WhereIsMyMind
Have you spoken to someone at the store yet? If you haven't I would do that ASAP. :smile:

not yet so wat shall i do go dere or?
i went to argos, got an application, got a phonecall 2 weeks later for interview (was a group interview lasted like 2 hours, did a presentation) and then they phoned a few hours after saying i had the job!
bengalisoldier
not yet so wat shall i do go dere or?

If you haven't already, you should consider phoning the store directly. :yep:
Reply 36
Does anyone know what the Customer Advisor role involves?
Reply 37
I printed off an application form from the internet and handed it in last Tuesday. I got a phonecall earlier today asking me to attend a recruitment session on Friday.
I've given up on Argos still no reply after 5 weeks, the manager told there would be interviews 2 weeks ago. Starting to wonder if he lied, or I just haven't been picked.
Reply 39
I attended an Argos Recruitment event yesterday. It seemed ppromising, wish me luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending