The Student Room Group
I think the closest combination you can do is Maths with Physics.
Just to clarify Tempeststurm's post: the direct answer to your question is 'no'. You can only apply for a single course at either Oxford or Cambridge.

See UCAS's 'Choices' page.
No, you're allowed one application each cycle which can only be for one subject. If they let you apply for both there's the chance you'd get two offers meaning you'd have to decline one so it'd be a waste of an offer, and colleges only give out a certain number of offers for each subject. So you'd be denying someone else a place.

You can however if you're cheeky try and switch subjects once you've got a place. It'd be easier to do this from Maths to Physics than the other way round as maths tends to have stricter requirements than NatSci, eg. you'd have to do STEP. You want to do some background reading to support your application either way so maybe this would help you make your mind up?
Thanks all.
I really enjoy maths, and it is probably my strongest subject, but I was a little concerned that the intensity of a straight maths course might kill the subject for me; whereas the breadth of modules in NatSci would provide more of a variety.
Reply 5
You can do some mathematics in the NatSci course.

See how you get on with some past STEP papers; you'll need to pass these to read maths.

Latest

Trending

Trending